Phegley 1-4, K, SB

Saladino 1-2

Santiago 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 3 SO

Birmingham won 5-2

Sanchez 3-4, BB, SB, 2 CS

Shoemaker 1-4, HR, 3 RBI, BB, K

Rienzo 7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 5 SO

Winston-Salem won 8-0

Walker 2-5, R, K, 3 SB (11 in W-S, 50 total)

Semien 2-4, 2 R, BB, K

Short 0-3, RBI, BB

Thompson, 3-5, 2 R, 2B, 0 K

Kanny lost 5-0

DeMichele 0-4, K

Soptic 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 4 SO

Bristol won 3-2

Barnum 0-4, K

Hawkins DNP

Great Falls lost 4-2

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
Sanchez, Rienzo and Keenyn all keeping up their awesomeness.

And definitely nice to see Hector starting off solid in Charlotte as well.

next year's rotation:

Sale

Liriano

Quintana

Danks

Santiago

ALL LEFTIES!!! Haha. But in seriousness, I am glad they are stretching out Hector, more value as a starter.

Sanchez's BABIP is unsustainable, but the guy just must have a knack for hitting. When he ripped that James Tallison 99-MPH fastball down the line for a 2B in the Future's Game, that showed me the kid just has a knack for hitting. Also love the fact that Walker/Sanchez get promoted and play better at the higher level. Definitely a great sign.

Walker/Sanchez could very well be our 1-2 combo in two years.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
Great to see that Trayce has reached .250 and Walker got his 50th SB of the season.

Wow. Good for Thompson. The K's suck, but he's up there leading the league in Homers and RBI's.

I'm not big on prospect lists, but it will be interesting to see if he cracks some Top 100's this offseason.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
Great to see that Trayce has reached .250 and Walker got his 50th SB of the season.

Thompson has really cut down on the K's over the past month or so. That's the most encouraging sign of all to me. If he can keep them at 25%, with his power, he's going to be a legit prospect

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 12:02 PM)
Wow. Good for Thompson. The K's suck, but he's up there leading the league in Homers and RBI's.

I'm not big on prospect lists, but it will be interesting to see if he cracks some Top 100's this offseason.

He's been down in the 20-25% the past few weeks. Unsurprisingly, that is about when his average started to soar

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)
He's been down in the 20-25% the past few weeks. Unsurprisingly, that is about when his average started to soar

He always has been that type of prospect that if/when it clicks he was going to tear the cover off the ball, hopefully he continues it next year in AA. The Barons might start year with Walker/Sanchez/Thompson and that should be a fun trio to watch together. Given their struggles this year wouldn't be out of the question if Saladino/Mitchell are back with them as well.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)

Three straight games without a K, around 20% rate in his last 10 games, 27% in July/August. Was 29% last year on the season. His AVG is up about 10 points this year, OBP about the same, SLG up by 35 points. Also is 18/20 in SB attempts this year, after going 8/12 last year. Two straight seasons of 20+ HR's, will probably get two straight of 30+ doubles as well (at 28 now). And this is a guy with plus defensive skills in the OF.

Next year he'd be 22 at AA. Playing at B-Ham is a big test. The jump to AA is often the hardest for hitters to make successfully, and it will be especially so for a guy like Trayce... his HR power will be tested in that cavernous park, and so will his defensive skills. Next year will tell us a lot about him, I think.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 10:59 AM)
Sanchez's BABIP is unsustainable, but the guy just must have a knack for hitting. When he ripped that James Tallison 99-MPH fastball down the line for a 2B in the Future's Game, that showed me the kid just has a knack for hitting. Also love the fact that Walker/Sanchez get promoted and play better at the higher level. Definitely a great sign.

Walker/Sanchez could very well be our 1-2 combo in two years.

Walker's numbers looks like he can get on base a reasonable clip..despite some relatively high K numbers.

Where would Sanchez project position-wise? I see he plays 3B now..but he doesn't hit homers. 2B?

Link

Morel was optioned to Charlotte on the 1st, then reassigned to the minors on the same day, then activated on the 3rd. That was the order it happened. They did that because they were clearing roster space and adding players, so he was added to the active roster on the 1st, then removed, then added on the 3rd.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
Three straight games without a K, around 20% rate in his last 10 games, 27% in July/August. Was 29% last year on the season. His AVG is up about 10 points this year, OBP about the same, SLG up by 35 points. Also is 18/20 in SB attempts this year, after going 8/12 last year. Two straight seasons of 20+ HR's, will probably get two straight of 30+ doubles as well (at 28 now). And this is a guy with plus defensive skills in the OF.

Next year he'd be 22 at AA. Playing at B-Ham is a big test. The jump to AA is often the hardest for hitters to make successfully, and it will be especially so for a guy like Trayce... his HR power will be tested in that cavernous park, and so will his defensive skills. Next year will tell us a lot about him, I think.

This post is filled with good.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Don't know anything about the quality of the opponent but nice seeing Hector pitch a good 5 innings. I read where he's going to be working on throwing 5 pitches so if he stuck to that he pitched great not relying on his best pitches.

I think Hector looks to be a very capable #5 starter in the bigs, maybe even a #4 guy. I like his arm and his stuff.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:19 AM)
I think Hector looks to be a very capable #5 starter in the bigs, maybe even a #4 guy. I like his arm and his stuff.

I don't know why you'd put his ceiling at 4-5. If he can hold fastball velocity, he's coming up there with a low 90's fastball from the left hand side that wasn't exactly straight, a curveball that I really liked, and an offspeed pitch that the league isn't used to in the screwball.

He has work to do on keeping the offspeed stuff under control and most importantly down, but those are at least the makings of a mid to upper part of the rotation starter, on paper of course.