What baseball team do you hate the most?

southsider2k5

Most hated baseball team poll  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What baseball team do you hate the most?

• Chicago Cubs
    • Detroit Tigers
    • Minnesota Twins
    • Boston Red Sox
    • New York Yankees
    • Miami Marlins
    • Cleveland Indians
    • Kansas City Royals
    • Other, please name.

I'm always happy to see the Cubs lose, but that bit has mellowed since 05. The Tigers are annoying right now and seem to be trying to buy a division title, but I can't drum up any true hatred for them. They've been too pathetic for too long.

No, it's going to take a long time before the taste of freakish hump dome losses is gone from my mouth. There is nothing worse than going into a 3 game series, and expecting to get swept every time. (and it usually happening) I got so freaking tired of those stupid, crappy, talentless, slap-hitting, no-strikeout pitching Twins out-performing and out-executing us while our manager (and broadcaster) slobbered all over their nuts and basically conceded every series before it was started. Maybe about ten years of them being under .500 will be enough to diminish my hatred for them. Maybe. But that 4 run 9th inning two years ago that the season pretty much turned on is going to be with me for a long time. F*** you Bobby Jenks.

Edited by zirc

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
I've always hated the Oakland A's and their lousy GM.

This^^^

Not sure about the GM, but I can't count the number of times I went to sleep angry, well after midnight, due to the A's stealing a game late against the Sox in Oakland. Like the Twins of the west coast. Still pissed at Dave Stewart's comments about the Sox and his jock, too.

Red Sox and the ESPN hype machine. It seems every story involving that team is newsworthy. Today one headline on ESPN was that Bobby V felt that the Red Sox are a playoff team! No s***! Which manager with a working brain wouldn't say that?! But for us, Paulie, and actual player, suffering a concussion is nowhere to be found

I've never understood the Cubs hatred. When I was little my grandfather was a big Cubs fan so he took me to a ton of games. At the same time we had Sox season tickets so my dad took me to a ton of Sox games. I liked both teams at the time. When we moved to Naperville in high school I gravitated completely to the Sox and just didn't care if the Cubs won or lost.

Now I despise when we play the Royals. I don't hate the Royals but I hate when we play them because I know damn well our performance against KC again will cost us the division title.

We play 3 more in Kauffman next weekend and I guarantee you Sox lose 2, maybe all 3. That will be a killer cause Detroit can pick up 3 games on us next weekend.

If I had to pick a team I hated it would be the Twins cause of the all the years you could pencil in a Sox defeat when we played them.

Grow up in an area where a bunch of your friends are cheering for the Cubs, getting out of school to go to Cubs games, your family/grandparents have a Cubs fan in there, and you somehow wind up a Sox fan by age 9...you'll figure out the Cubs hatred really really quick.

I hated Cleveland in the late 90s and early 00's. I couldnt stand the Twins when they were vying for first place and I now hate the Tigers the most. I don't hate the Cubs but I do hate their uneducated fans. Their educated baseball fans (>10% of them) I respect. But the rest of those clowns can go f*** themselves.

I also hate ESPN and their lack of Midwest coverage. Yankees and Red Sox speculation is not news but Konerko's concussion is.

My hatred of the Cubs dissipated when the Sox won the Series in '05.

The Sox got there first. They will ALWAYS be the ones who won it first no matter what.

It's now 100+ years for the Cubs, and they've looked awful for a few years now. Hating them is like kicking the small kid when he's down. The Cubs winning has no ill effect on the White Sox in their direct pursuit of the post-season. Outside of the crosstown games of course. The worry before 2005 was that they were gonna get city bragging rights. They didn't. The White Sox did.

Now it's hatred of the teams in the way. And #1 in the way since 2006 has been Detroit. It used to be the Twins, but now it's all Tigers.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
I don't hate the Cubs, but I am a little jealous of their huge fan base and the hyper attention they receive.

I don't hate any team really. The only team I really hate is the Heat.

Same. I don't hate the Cubs, but I hate the attention they get, for no reason. I'd say I am jealous of their exposure, and angry they've done nothing to deserve it. But they are not in my list of hated teams. It's hard to hate a team that sucks, and sucks against you. If they were really good, I'd root for their failure, or if they dominated, I'd root for their failure, but neither are true right now so I have no reason to pay attention to them.

And for those of you who HATE the Cubs, you should be ROOTING for them to finish the year really strong. Because even a hot August/September will leave them short of the playoff spot, and WON'T get them a top 5 draft pick. Right now they are sitting with what, the #3 or #4 pick? That's what any Cubs fan SHOULD be rooting for, a better draft position.

I hate whoever is chasing us or whoever we're chasing in the standings.

My hate for the Cubs has totally gone away this year. Theyre not the hot ticket they used to be, I get offered free tickets from a neighbor nearly every game because no one wants to go unless a good team is in town, back to being lovable losers and I havent heard a frat boy sing Go Cubs Go in quite some time so all is well here on the northside of chicago.

I hate the Twins with the Indians coming in a close second.

For whatever reason, I can't really hate the Tigers...their broadcasters don't bother me, their fans don't really bother me, and their style of play has never really bothered me.

It's probably because we have never really lost out on anything because of the Tigers, except maybe in '06, and even then, I viewed that as more our team just collapsed rather than the Tigers beat us.

The Twins and the Indians on the other hand....grrrr

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
A Chicago Cubs World Series celebration/parade would dwarf anything 2005 White Sox. The national coverage would be too much for me. I couldn't take it.

it would be the most spectacular celebration known to mankind. I would have to move back to Miami in order to get away from it.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 11:47 PM)
I hate whoever is chasing us or whoever we're chasing in the standings.

My hate for the Cubs has totally gone away this year. Theyre not the hot ticket they used to be, I get offered free tickets from a neighbor nearly every game because no one wants to go unless a good team is in town, back to being lovable losers and I havent heard a frat boy sing Go Cubs Go in quite some time so all is well here on the northside of chicago.

Ugh. Do Cub fans really sing that song? Going to college in Illinois would be awful, cause there probably are a ton more Cub fans. I never thought of that. Do any Illinois state colleges have more Sox fans? I've heard ISU has a lot of Southsiders go there. How bout Northern Illinois being out West? I'd assume U of I is full of Cub fans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 12:35 AM)
Ugh. Do Cub fans really sing that song? Going to college in Illinois would be awful, cause there probably are a ton more Cub fans. I never thought of that. Do any Illinois state colleges have more Sox fans? I've heard ISU has a lot of Southsiders go there. How bout Northern Illinois being out West? I'd assume U of I is full of Cub fans.

UIUC has a ton of Cubs fans and a heck of a lot Cards fans (as well as a lot of Sox fans also).