Kyyle23

Make your guess who the Sox call up  

15 members have voted

1. 1. and the mystery man is

• Brent Morel
    • Dan Johnson
    • Conor Jackson
    • surprise other choice

Morel didn't play, but he's only hitting .200 so while it seems like he may be the choice, it would be odd. Johnson and Jackson have been playing so if either was the choice, you would think they would have been pulled. I think its Wise. They had him at DH so the injury risk was minimal and KW did say he needed ABs. Maybe they were squeezing 4 more.

At this point, though, nothing would really be a surprise.. Any of these 4, or someone from somewhere else. Whoever the choice is probably isn't going to play very much, and hopefully Paulie's injury doesn't linger.

Edited by Dick Allen

You have to be on the 40 man roster by the end of August to be eligible for the playoffs correct?

Right now, we only have one position player (Morel) in the minors on the 40, which is pretty insane. I would think that would be a hugr concern for the front office. If we have a serious injury in September, we'd basically have no fallback options as of now.

Also, Johnson and Jackson are unlikely to clear waivers if the callup is indeed temporary, which makes things extra complicated. I still think you send Olmedo down until September and keep one of the two power bats the rest of the way.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
You have to be on the 40 man roster by the end of August to be eligible for the playoffs correct?

Right now, we only have one position player (Morel) in the minors on the 40, which is pretty insane. I would think that would be a hugr concern for the front office. If we have a serious injury in September, we'd basically have no fallback options as of now.

Also, Johnson and Jackson are unlikely to clear waivers if the callup is indeed temporary, which makes things extra complicated. I still think you send Olmedo down until September and keep one of the two power bats the rest of the way.

I'm pretty sure that anyone in the organization can still be called up and eligible for the playoffs regardless to whether they were on the 40 man so long as they were with the organization prior to the end of August and are replacing an injured player that was on the active roster. I think it does require league approval tho. I'm pretty sure thats how it goes.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)

If you have an injury those rules can still change. You can't put someone on the 40 onto the playoff roster if no one goes tot eh disabled list. If someone goes to the disabled list, you can use their spot. That's how teams sometimes pull off September trades and still wind up with the guy on the roster...someone went on the DL.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:26 AM)
Morel didn't play, but he's only hitting .200 so while it seems like he may be the choice, it would be odd. Johnson and Jackson have been playing so if either was the choice, you would think they would have been pulled. I think its Wise. They had him at DH so the injury risk was minimal and KW did say he needed ABs. Maybe they were squeezing 4 more.

At this point, though, nothing would really be a surprise.. Any of these , or someone from somewhere else. Whoever the choice is probably isn't going to play very much, and hopefully Paulie's injury doesn't linger.

First Morel wasn't playing the other night but wasn't play

ing in the previous game either. We need somone to cover short second and third maybe first on occassion. Jackson is an outfielder Johnson is a first baseman who bats left. who doesn't seem to hit lefties very well which doesn't compliment Dunn who doesn't hit them well either. Alexei is hard to replace so I'm guessing we get Visquel or someone else on the waiver wire for a utility infielder.