Blue Jays vs White Sox 6:07 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 02:07 AM)
I wish Robin would find some low-pressure times to use Septimo, because this kid desperately needs to build some confidence.

Well, it does seem like 90% of our games come down to the last batter, so I don't blame him there.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
Leyson will never succeed if we protect him like we do. He's been on the roster far too long to only have 9 innings. Use him. If he walks someone because he never gets to pitch in games, leave him in there. For Christ's sake

It's August and we are in a pennant race. I could care less if we give him an emotional hug on the mound. Throw strikes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
They've got to send him down, you can't rely on him to throw strikes. That was terrible managing right there.

Septimo is out of options. That's the only reason why he's still on the team.

Also, this is why Danks was sent down: so we could get a LHP who isn't an accelerant.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 02:10 AM)
This would been a painful L. Crain looked quite sharp

Over-managing, as Encarnacion should be your main focus in this inning. Thornton being such a disaster in close situations hurts, as in the past, you could have let him start this inning and then pitch around Encarnacion.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 02:12 AM)
I'm pretty sure for each loss this year there has been a post that reads "this one is on Ventura"

Well, his bullpen management has opened him up for a lot of questioning. With that said, there's a lot of blame to go around tonight.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)
I'm pretty sure for each loss this year there has been a post that reads "this one is on Ventura"

False. Only 43% of our losses have been attributed to Robin per baseballreference.com