Blue Jays vs White Sox 6:07 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
He was brought into a terrible situation there.

He gave up two hits and they weren't exactly soft.

The league's figured him out. Unless he's getting ahead, he's going to get hit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Well, it does seem like 90% of our games come down to the last batter, so I don't blame him there.

Fair enough, but the kid was throwing strikes in AAA. He just looked scared on that walk. Maybe he doesn't have the balls to make in the pros, still too early to tell, but what we saw tonight isn't the pitcher he really is. I'd hate to give up on an arm like Septimo's just because he crapped the bed a few times in his first stint in the majors. Unfortunately, if we can't find some low pressure times to use him soon, we'll probably have to cut ties with him in the near future.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:17 AM)
Who cares. We need to be gaining ground not just trying to hole onto this 2 game lead. These games are gonna come back to bite us in the ass I'm afraid. Especially in Sept. Detroit owns KC and they play them alot

I'll take being 2 games up after Thursday, as this offense has way too many easy outs with Konerko not playing and KW and company not interested in doing the right thing and releasing Hudson.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Who cares. We need to be gaining ground not just trying to hole onto this 2 game lead. These games are gonna come back to bite us in the ass I'm afraid. Especially in Sept. Detroit owns KC and they play them alot

Staying put is better than losing ground.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
Jake keeps getting jobbed by our offense.

He f***ed himself over today. That 3rd inning was completely his fault.

I know he shouldn't need to be flawless, but mistakes are mistakes.

Edited by chw42

With Encarnacion being their main threat that you have to game plan for, why did Ventura pull Crain (who's just about the best pitcher in baseball against righties)? Just like with Coco Crisp from Saturday, Ventura made Kelly Johnson the center of his managing strategy that inning. Just brutal by Ventura.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
Staying put is better than losing ground.

Gonna bite us in the ass soon, 7 games left with the tiggers, would like to build the biggest lead possible, put some pressure on them

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)

Two runs in eight innings?!!?!?!?!?! That is a 2.25 ERA. He is blameless tonight, this is on the pen and the offense.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
The pen has a lot of holes that you can't manage around on a daily basis.

We have two solid setup guys in Myers and Crain. Unless you're the Texas Rangers, you don't have that. You gotta live with inconsistent relievers.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)

The bar is low for mistakes with our offense. Placing any blame on Jake is insane considering the support our O has given him this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
He was brought into a terrible situation there.

I think Nate jones is tired and is missing location. He has pitched a lot this year and a few back to back games in recent weeks, but back on to septimo. The guy truly brings nothing to the table. I really don't see what benefit he brings to a playoff run on this particular team. If someone wants to claim him, so be it. When they sent Donnie veal down last time I questioned why not septimo, as usual its about options but if you cannot get a batter out on a lefty/ lefty situation then I would rather have Donnie veal who at least will throw a strike. We are really bad from the left side out of the pen. Right now nobody can get an out.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 02:20 AM)
The pen has a lot of holes that you can't manage around on a daily basis.

They didn't help themselves by keeping Septimo over Veal. It's pretty simple though, Crain in the 7th, Myers in the 8th, Reed in the 9th. One manager tonight went for it and used their reliever for two innings while Ventura decided to pull Crain.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Two runs in eight innings?!!?!?!?!?! That is a 2.25 ERA. He is blameless tonight, this is on the pen and the offense.

I wouldn't say blameless. The offense and bullpen are at large the issues tonight, but it's not like Peavy did absolutely nothing wrong.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
With Encarnacion being their main threat that you have to game plan for, why did Ventura pull Crain (who's just about the best pitcher in baseball against righties)? Just like with Coco Crisp from Saturday, Ventura made Kelly Johnson the center of his managing strategy that inning. Just brutal by Ventura.

Guillen seemed to do the same thing maybe it is a cooper philosophy. When a team is not hitting thee bullpen is asked to do to much as it was tonight.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
You need to gain. Staying put isn't gonna be enough. You have to beat the Torontos and KC's.

Except the Sox have always sucked against Toronto. I'd be fine with a split. You're not going to win the division in these next 4 games anyhow.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)

Once you get to the 11th, you shouldn't start going rightly/lefty/righty. Had the game continued they were gonna run out of pitchers.