Blue Jays vs White Sox 6:07 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:36 AM)
Takes some big stones to load the bases up with Jones in.

If there are two players in the majors that I always expect to hit into a DP in clutch situations, it's Juan Rivera and Escobar :)

Edited by fathom

At least the Sox are on the better end of "No ground gained or lost" this time. Too many times saying that looking up at Minnesota or Detroit in the last few years.... The chances will eventually run out. So that's out hope for the Tigers to just run out of games haha. AL Central Winning Strategy right there.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
You mean putting him in games. He can't throw strikes. Didn't you champion Zach earlier in the year using the same argument. If you can't throw strikes or when you throw strikes they land over the fence you don't belong up in the majors.

No, he needs to be put in games. He needs to pitch as often or have appearances as long as we used Zach Stewart. If the guy only throws to a bullpen pitcher except for once every week or two, he'll get WORSE. I want him to pitch in games so we know what we have. The guy is in the role he is going to be in, but we've just been pretending we don't have that last reliever. He has to pitch in games just like everyone else. If you don't want him to pitch in the 11th, you need him to pitch in some of these other games and/or innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
If there are two players in the majors that I always expect to hit into a DP in clutch situations, it's Juan Rivera and Escobar :)

Yeah, you just wonder if they would even get a chance to roll up into one.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 03:47 AM)
At least Detroit has proven to be 100% as inconsistent if not more so than the Sox this season.

True. The problem is they appear to have the Sox number. They mowed us down pretty efficiently that recent sweep in Detroit. Tonight was a tough loss. It's not easy for the Sox to win road games against East teams (except Boston for some reason before this season) and we get a stellar start from Peavy but can't muster 3 runs. Tomorrow's game is key. We need to even this series up before Toronto gets that sweep look in its eye.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)
True. The problem is they appear to have the Sox number. They mowed us down pretty efficiently that recent sweep in Detroit. Tonight was a tough loss. It's not easy for the Sox to win road games against East teams (except Boston for some reason before this season) and we get a stellar start from Peavy but can't muster 3 runs. Tomorrow's game is key. We need to even this series up before Toronto gets that sweep look in its eye.

You think everyone has the Sox' number.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 10:26 PM)
IIRC, the Sox are now 4-17 in their last 21 in Toronto.

I think I recall it being even worse, something like 28 of 33 games heading into this season in all games, not sure if I am recalling that correctly, but your numbers aren't surprising, this has been completely one sided for some time, and this is a bad time for this trend to carry on.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 04:26 AM)
IIRC, the Sox are now 4-17 in their last 21 in Toronto.

Man that is bad. That's why a four-game series is really scary. You figure one of the four will be a blowout loss. Tonight's game would have been huge to get one out of the way. A split now would be the best the Sox could hope for.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)

4-7 vs. Detroit isn't that bad. Only looks bad because of the last sweep... with as up and down as both teams have been the Sox could easily sweep the next set and get the season series back to .500 again before the final four (and probably split those haha 8-8 vs. record)

It's a crap shoot of inconsistency in 2012

Think about 2008. They Sox were 9-10 vs. Minny and got swept by them with 4 games to go and still wound up getting that last shot. Now obviously so much had to go right after that sweep and a little coin toss luck, but you don't have to dominate your direct competition to win the AL Central. Not in 08 and certainly not in 2012.

That being said I hope the Sox go 7-0 in the final stretch.