NorthSideSox72

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
De Aza needed the day off... my only WTF is for Olmedo. Neither him nor Beckham can hit worth a damn, but at least Gordo can play amazing D. Maybe Beckham is injured...

If we have to play Olmedo anywhere, I'd rather it be a 2B vs 3B.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
If we have to play Olmedo anywhere, I'd rather it be a 2B vs 3B.

I'd rather have Hudson with his bruised toe over Olmedo. He is absolutely worthless.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
Not attempting to b****, just noting...this would be Beckham's 2nd day in a row not in the starting lineup.

Definitely interesting, especially since Ventura specifically said to the media that Bekcham's day off yesterday was pre-scheduled and not for any specific other reason. Maybe because Beckham had to play yesterday, they wanted to get him the full day off today?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
I like Flowers getting the start today. The kid has been hot since he started getting some PT. His average is up 66 points since the middle of July.

I agree, I like Flowers getting more time right now here and there.

And Wise leading off, if De Aza needs a day, is fine. Especially since it seems like maybe Wise is seeing the ball pretty well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)
The kid just has a long swing that isn't conducive to sitting for long periods of time.

And he is also much better against LHP, but for some reason, seemed like he was facing a lot of RHP earlier in the year.

The picture of the lineup lists Hudson as an "available" position player. So he's hurt but available to pinch run or hit? Why not just start him?

(Or is it normal to list a player who just got injured but not bad enough to go to the DL as "available"? I honestly don't know what the protocol is)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
Not attempting to b****, just noting...this would be Beckham's 2nd day in a row not in the starting lineup.

He is hitting .224 and looks totally lost at the plate, im not incredibly concerned about it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
He is hitting .224 and looks totally lost at the plate, im not incredibly concerned about it

Wouldn't say "Concerned" as much as "Curious". Punishment, or time off to work on something, or actually hurting?