8/20 Yankees at White Sox

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
The ex sox star players are preferred in this org. whether they are experienced enough or not. Its the Whitesox way. And Beckham finally comes up big.

Martinez played for the Sox.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 03:27 AM)
When there was something to be positive about. Which just wasn't the case from 2009-2011. I am very proud of this team this year. I had them losing 90-95 games this year.

Nice post.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 03:54 AM)
Robin and his staff seriously needs to take a deeper look into splits and statistical analysis.

Some of the decisions he's made are awful. This is why I advocated a guy like Dave Martinez during the off-season. Many here did. Guys from the Scoscia and Maddon school of coaching know what they're doing on the field.

Robin's shown he is a great off the field manager, but his on the field tactics need A LOT of work. This is the same situation we were in with Ozzie earlier in his career, until Ozzie decided to not give a s*** and become a huge douche.

You guys are crazy second guessing all this managerial stuff. At some point you blame the s***ty pitchers for not getting the job done. At least I do ... why blame the fricking manager? He's not throwing meat up there and walking TONS of hitters.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Nice post.

You guys are crazy second guessing all this managerial stuff. At some point you blame the s***ty pitchers for not getting the job done. At least I do ... why blame the fricking manager? He's not throwing meat up there and walking TONS of hitters.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)

You seriously come off as completely clueless. You have a guy in the pen who's only job is to get lefty's out and you keep him in to face a righty and get burned....it's your fault as a manager. When a guy fails in particular situations at a very high clip then you don't put him in that situation. Why is this so hard to understand?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Nice post.

The manager puts his players in a position to fail or succeed. When you put a player in a situation where he's not likely to succeed, you can't blame it all on the player.

Gavin Floyd really screwed us. There should have been no reason for Santiago to even be in this game.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
6th inning over at ten. f***ing Christ.

This is what happens when you play the Yankees.

They're patient and take walks. I wish we played like this. It's what scores you runs.