8/20 Yankees at White Sox

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 04:17 AM)
Sometimes it's simpler than that. When your long reliever has set a career high total for pitches and gives up a homer and then walks someone, you bring in your LOOGY to face their best lefty (especially when that long reliever is awful against lefties).

I can buy that. I'm just saying this board is too predictable from the 6th inning on ... total second guessing of Robin and Coop when the PITCHERS fail. I do hear what you are saying and you make a good point. But it's not rocket science. Robin goes with the roster he has. And he has some ultra crap relief pitchers to throw in there.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
This is what happens when you play the Yankees.

They're patient and take walks. I wish we played like this. It's what scores you runs.

It's not just that. They take forever in everything they do, pitching changes, time between pitches, meetings at the mound. The time at the plate is just a part of it

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
ALEXEI! Hell of an at bat. And yes, Girardi should be blasted for keeping the LOOGY in there

It's what happens when you use up all of your pitchers in the 5th and 6th. He can't put Robertson in because he has no idea how long this game might go.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
ALEXEI! Hell of an at bat. And yes, Girardi should be blasted for keeping the LOOGY in there

Yes it was. Do you blame Girardi though? The way the first few hitters swung at the first pitch of every AB?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
It's what happens when you use up all of your pitchers in the 5th and 6th. He can't put Robertson in because he has no idea how long this game might go.

He can put in Wise oh wait.....