John Danks involved in a lawsuit

Kyyle23

http://deadspin.com/5938927/john-danks-sue...a-spinal-injury

Back in 2010, Danks had the Papst brothers, quite a pair of characters, over to his Cook County (Ill.) home. Blake Papst was standing on some sort of structure above Danks's roof deck, when Waylon Papst gave him a shove. Blake fell 10 feet to the deck and, according to the lawsuit, suffered a spinal cord injury and was unable to move.

Danks, the suit alleges, didn't call 911, took away Blake Papst's cell phone so he couldn't call 911, and moved the injured man to another room, which you're totally not supposed to do. Blake Papst is suing his own brother for pushing him, and Danks for negligence.

Well this doesnt look so good. it doesnt paint John in a very good light at all

I'm calling BS on this one. I'm willing to bet Danks is involved only because he is the one with the money. The one guy probably got hurt screwing around and made up the story of Danks just to get paid. It doesn't make any logical sense at all that Danks would prevent him from calling 911 and then move him unless there is a lot more to the story than is being mentioned.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
This reminds me that if I somehow ever become filthy rich, every inch of my property will have 24/7 recorded video surveillance. Any false claims like this would be easily refuted.

And true claims will be deleted immediately ;)

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
I'm calling BS on this one. I'm willing to bet Danks is involved only because he is the one with the money. The one guy probably got hurt screwing around and made up the story of Danks just to get paid. It doesn't make any logical sense at all that Danks would prevent him from calling 911 and then move him unless there is a lot more to the story than is being mentioned.

This

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
This was just filed on August 14, 2012.

2012-L-009166

Im wondering if deadspin just has guys searching the names of people in court records, because Danks hasnt even filed an appearance yet. He may not have even been served.

No doubt about it. Computer systems are designed to search public documents for these very records. It happens in all areas from real estate to criminal issues. This just does not seem right about Danks, would not even allow a call to 9-1-1, I hope it is not true.

White Sox starting pitcher John Danks is facing a lawsuit that alleges that he would not call 911 after an accident that left his high school friend paralyzed.

The story, via the Chicago Sun Times, is that Danks was hosting Waylon and Blake Papst -- friends of his from high school -- on Aug. 14, 2010 in Chicago when Blake Papst was injured in a fall that left him paralyzed and wheelchair-bound for life.....

more at link

Outside of drugs or something similarly illegal, I have no idea why in the world they would let him lay there paralyzed "for hours" without calling 911? This seems really, really odd.

***Sorry, didn't see the original post****

Edited by mmmmmbeeer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

What a horrible situation for Johnny. Certainly has some involvement, seeing as though he offered to pay $2M for it to go away. But it was really just two brothers being dumb asses and Danks not getting in the way of it.