HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY TO SOXTALK!

southsider2k5

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned about this little place back in the day when the nfl-fans.com forum was poppin through an old poster by the name of goldmember. Ive made a bunch of friends here like carter224, qwerty and Ace even though he refuses to have a beer with me. Ill always love this place as I get to get in my daily trolling fix and also my greg fix. I think this is the first time ive ever posted in Pale Hose Talk..

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 01:11 AM)
I learned about this little place back in the day when the nfl-fans.com forum was poppin through an old poster by the name of goldmember. Ive made a bunch of friends here like carter224, qwerty and Ace even though he refuses to have a beer with me. Ill always love this place as I get to get in my daily trolling fix and also my greg fix. I think this is the first time ive ever posted in Pale Hose Talk..

You were the one who taught me about scan-lines back in the day. :lol:

Goldy was the photoshop king though; I hope he's doing well.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 02:14 AM)
I decided to read through the last few innings of that thread just to see it. I was way too nervous to properly operate my laptop to be on here for that, but good times.

That was a fun flashback. My fandom/obsession with the Sox was unhealthy back then, haha. That WS definitely made it all worth it though.

The Sox are still my biggest unhealthy obsession, but my perspective on this stuff is a lot more sane now.

Congrats to SoxTalk on 10 years. I've been here for a majority of it, though I didn't sign up right away. Some of my fav's through the years: the original front page (Soxnet), the original catch-all in the Sports Bar, the re-birth of the front page and the podcast that came with it, etc.

To SoxTalk! :cheers

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 01:02 AM)
Ok, so I joined about 3 years ago, so I was 16. I remember it was because I wanted a site that broke down Sox prospects and FutureSox led me to here.

This is the best forum I've ever been a part of.

It says you Joined August 8th 2009 right under your avatar :)

I might be crazy but wasn't there a different Soxtalk board before the one we know now started up those 10 years ago. I seem to remember having to resign up once this board became official.

Also, I must own the ratio for longest time here, least amount of regular posting haha. (that's not including people who disappear for years haha)

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
I might be crazy but wasn't there a different Soxtalk board before the one we know now started up those 10 years ago. I seem to remember having to resign up once this board became official.

Also, I must own the ratio for longest time here, least amount of regular posting haha. (that's not including people who disappear for years haha)

You're at 1.79 posts per day.

I'm at .6.

I win. :P

I don't post a ton on Soxtalk like I did initially (still can't believe some of the crap I used to say) but this board has grown to my number one source of information on the White Sox. So glad I moved from Whitesox.com's message board, got banned from WSI and was lead to Soxtalk.

@JoshPR BeastlyOrdonez exists ;) , and I was just thinking of Old Roman. Didn't he post a picture of himself on the board?

Edited by MuckFinnesota

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
I don't post a ton on Soxtalk like I did initially (still can't believe some of the crap I used to say) but this board has grown to my number one source of information on the White Sox. So glad I moved from Whitesox.com's message board, got banned from WSI and was lead to Soxtalk.

@JoshPR BeastlyOrdonez exists ;) , and I was just thinking of Old Roman. Didn't he post a picture of himself on the board?

He does??? Is he just beastly now? He's probably over 21 by now , he started pretty young 14 maybe