Who's at tonight's game?

lostfan

After reading today's stupid article, I was real close to going. But home cooking and a comfy couch sounds better than sitting outside after doing yard work in a hot day.

That said, I will be going with my old man to the Detroit series next week on Monday or Tuesday.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
After reading today's stupid article, I was real close to going. But home cooking and a comfy couch sounds better than sitting outside after doing yard work in a hot day.

That said, I will be going with my old man to the Detroit series next week on Monday or Tuesday.

A lot would depend on how far you are from the stadium. Who wants to fight the traffic home on a night game that's on a holiday. I would prefer a day game.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 05:31 PM)
A lot would depend on how far you are from the stadium. Who wants to fight the traffic home on a night game that's on a holiday. I would prefer a day game.

Depending on where you park, there's not a lot of traffic to fight. Once you get onto the highway at night on Labor Day, you're set. Or public transit.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)

It's about a 40 minute drive from my house in Downers Grove to the stadium. If the game was to end around 9 and I got home around 9:30, then I'd be there. When I was thinking about the game time today, I thought it would have been much better to have a 1:05 game today. Though they probably were concerned about nobody coming out or finding enough people to work the game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Depending on where you park, there's not a lot of traffic to fight. Once you get onto the highway at night on Labor Day, you're set. Or public transit.

I don't think there is a such thing on 1-55 on any day or night. I don't live there anymore and probably would have spent money on a Jackhammer's game. I use to get a Guiness and nachos for $10.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
My wife won't let me go... something about airfafre, hotel, meals, etc

But, someday soon IO hope. Meantime you guys go and cheer extra hard. Make Marty buy

I was lucky last year to catch a Sox game at Chase Field. My brother has a friend who had D-Back season tickets 7th row down 3rd. We got to see Jackson vs. Hudson. I live really close to the Sox ST facility. There's very little shade and March weather can be unpredictable.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
Getting swept in the biggest series to date and being 1-6 on the road trip gave me no motivation to get to the game. I'm guessing I'm not alone, even if it's half price night. Attendance the next two series will probably be pretty bad.

Which is funny, because the Sox will end the night in sole possession of first place.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
Which is funny, because the Sox will end the night in sole possession of first place.

We gotta build the lead to 3 or 4 before Detroit comes to town and wins 3. That's my mission as a fan; to see that happen.

2-2 or 3-1 for the Sox.

White Sox are a MUCH different team at home, the Tigers are not so dangerous on the road, and this will be the "Last Stand." You have to be pretty sure the fans will all be into these games and all will be well-attended if the Sox come into next Monday with the AL Central lead or no more than 1 back.

Now everything changes if the Sox lose the first two and are then facing Scherzer and Verlander WED and THUR.

Then you'll see true panic start to set in...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 10:45 PM)
WHO'S IN FIRST PLACE NOW, b****

I kinda wanna go back to Detroit and find all those motherf***ers who were talking s*** to me last night

To be fair, what else do they have? You live in a nice house, in a nice City, where you probably won't get shot. They have... well... the Tigers.