Peavy or Nate Jones

sunofgold

Who is going to end the season with more wins: Jake Peavy or Nate Jones  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Peavy or Jones (most wins this season)

• Dirtbag Peavy
    • Vulture Nate Jones
    • Tie

Not too long ago, pitchers were judged by their win/loss record. Now not so much. Jake's win total is very low for a guy who pitches so deep into games because of his throwing a fit whenever he gets taken out. He's a good starting pitcher. Not so sure he's an All Star even though he made the team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
Not too long ago, pitchers were judged by their win/loss record. Now not so much. Jake's win total is very low for a guy who pitches so deep into games because of his throwing a fit whenever he gets taken out. He's a good starting pitcher. Not so sure he's an All Star even though he made the team.

Im 99% sure you never looked at the stats, which say he has had a helluva season and most definitely deserved that AS.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
Peavy has been fantastic this year and has truly been jobbed out of quite a few wins. Between the team scoring very few runs in quite a few of his good games and the bullpen blowing some big leads, he's been completely robbed of a good # of victories.

He needed and needs to step up in big games. 1-3 vs. Tigers. Way too much hype over Peavy the competitor. Still I would like to know how many of his games the pen has blown. Shouldn't he be like 14-9 if it weren't for the pen?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:01 PM)
He needed and needs to step up in big games. 1-3 vs. Tigers. Way too much hype over Peavy the competitor. Still I would like to know how many of his games the pen has blown. Shouldn't he be like 14-9 if it weren't for the pen?

I don't think it's been the bullpen costing him wins, as much as it has been a lack of run support.

QUOTE (zirc @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 07:46 AM)
It's just proof that pitcher wins are a complete non-statistic.

I still think they have something to say like team confidence. Aces win 20 games and they even do it on bad teams. Wins can separate an ace from a good pitcher. Peavy is not an ace.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
I still think they have something to say like team confidence. Aces win 20 games and they even do it on bad teams. Wins can separate an ace from a good pitcher. Peavy is not an ace.

Are you saying that Felix Hernandez is not an ace? His records the last two seasons were 13-12 & 14-14. He has only won more than 14 games once.