AJ Did Not Test Positive; No Story Here

flavum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
Is there a reason it should be interesting?

Somebody at a different board posted that a person at the Score told him that AJ failed a test and it's currently being appealed.

I didn't want to post this myself, figuring it eventually make it over here. But AJ did comment on drug testing, so I guess we'll see what happens...or if it's true.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
Somebody at a different board posted that a person at the Score told him that AJ failed a test and it's currently being appealed.

I didn't want to post this myself, figuring it eventually make it over here. But AJ did comment on drug testing, so I guess we'll see what happens...or if it's true.

I looked up the post in question. It is a guy with a total of 47 posts and a new member in July. Anyone know his track record?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...386#post2982386

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 11:17 AM)
I hope Mark Gonzales or somebody picks up on this, and flat-out asks him today if it's true he failed a test and it's being appealed.

If he asked, I guarantee AJP would say no. Why let that news out publicly until the last moment possible?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
It would be very sad if AJ tested positive. It would also explain a lot of why AJ doesnt look like he is really all that focused at the moment

My thoughts exactly. It'd be a real shame, but thankfully T-Flow looks ready to take over if the hammer indeed does come down soon. It would both explain his ridiculous season as well as his recent struggles.

We're quoting anonymous WSI posters now?

If AJ tested positive for anything it's Flintstone vitamins & a positive mental attitude.

However, if this is somehow true, and someone involved in the process has indeed framed AJ and made him incorrectly test positive, then it'll be fun to watch all the Sox fans out there call for AJ's departure in order to go with Flowers, who has of course always been clean.