AJ Did Not Test Positive; No Story Here

flavum

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
Nothing- it's just the impression I got from when they quickly touched on it at the beginning of the show based on listening to the guy regularly for a long time. It's probably exactly what flavum wrote, we don't know the whole story, and maybe never will.

The Score is now saying its a rumor from last week started on a Tigers message board. Of course they don't want it to be known the crap hit the fan on a White Sox message board when someone said an employee of their station said it was true. And they didn't mention it last night when they said they needed 2 confirmations and had one.

If its true it started on a Tigers message board, I think we do know the whole story. It was made up.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
The Score is now saying its a rumor from last week started on a Tigers message board. Of course they don't want it to be known the crap hit the fan on a White Sox message board when someone said an employee of their station said it was true. And they didn't mention it last night when they said they needed 2 confirmations and had one.

If its true it started on a Tigers message board, I think we do know the whole story. It was made up.

There were PED rumors about Verlander and/or Prince a few weeks ago too. Payback is a b**** I guess.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
AJ gets no respect. probably worked super hard in the offseason.

There are a lot of guys using. It's millions of dollars to their benefit to do it in their mid to late 30s. When you get that old, you don't risk that much getting caught, because you are already on the downside. We can't be this naive about our own guys. If you see it happening league wide, you have to accept that you also have rooted for PED-users in the past (as well as probably now).

It's way too self-assuring to just assume the White Sox are that one drug-free team.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)
It's one of those things where we probably don't know the whole story, and will never know it.

All I know is that I'll be happy if AJ is in the lineup Friday night.

As far as rumors, no player is above suspicion. No team is above suspicion. MLB made its bed in the 90's and early 00's, letting anyone do anything. And this is just bi-product of that era.

Wrong - there is no story. This started out of speculation because of his numbers and spread by haters, augmented by media and fans creating the back story from recent circumstances.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
If its true it started on a Tigers message board, I think we do know the whole story.

...that there is s*** else to do in America's very own third-world city other than to collectively hold your breath that Matthew Stafford doesn't fall apart, watch the Canadians go about their curious way of life from across the river, and start rumors about rival athletes on internet message boards?

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)
There are a lot of guys using. It's millions of dollars to their benefit to do it in their mid to late 30s. When you get that old, you don't risk that much getting caught, because you are already on the downside. We can't be this naive about our own guys. If you see it happening league wide, you have to accept that you also have rooted for PED-users in the past (as well as probably now).

It's way too self-assuring to just assume the White Sox are that one drug-free team.

Theres been what 2 people busted this year?? 3 If you count Braun?? I think youre over blowing it.

Glad the rumors are false...WSI should be ashamed of themselves if they pulled a rumor off a Detroit message board.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
...that there is s*** else to do in America's very own third-world city other than to collectively hold your breath that Matthew Stafford doesn't fall apart, watch the Canadians go about their curious way of life from across the river, and start rumors about rival athletes on internet message boards?

Man you are giving Detroit a lot of credit here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
Man you are giving Detroit a lot of credit here.

Remember when the Chicago sportscaster was suspended because he showed a photo of a city buring when he was reporting Detroit celebrating the Pistons championship?

Like I said in the beginning of this thread, we had "people" hearing things including a phantom quote from a reporter. Nobody worth a damn nor any media outlet picked it up as news from a source including the ones we have on this site. That should of been a red flag to everyone.

I haven't weighed in on this but I feel that I should, since that old SI incident was brought up. I STILL believe rumors are fair game on, and good for, a message board format. We are not professional journalists, nor do we pretend to be. We are fans discussing baseball and rumors are naturally going be part of the conversation. This rumor was out there and of course it was going be discussed here, and microscopically scrutinized. Nobody threw AJ under bus, but there were some that were, well, checking the bus schedule, I believe. No one seems absolutely sure how or where this started but as far as Soxtalk is concerned, I'm not throwing anybody under that bus either. The rumor was out there, it was brought to the attention of the board and discussed. Very similar situation to the SI incident before that jerk from SI printed it.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
This is great message board stuff the problem is journalists used message board stuff as fact which is why this was discussed on the SCORE with Don Cooper instead of hearing about Gavin Floyd's recovery.

This started on a tigers message board and went from there.

Then that is on the, and I use the word lightly, journalists. Not on us.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
Further proof that wsi is a s***ty, vastly inferior website...

I like that they made the thread no longer accessible to the public.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG. BACK TO YOUR LIVES OR RISK BANISHMENT. NO YAHOO EMAIL ADDRESSES. ADMINS ARE GOD.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
I like that they made the thread no longer accessible to the public.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG. BACK TO YOUR LIVES OR RISK BANISHMENT. NO YAHOO EMAIL ADDRESSES. ADMINS ARE GOD.

Yeah, that is pretty bad way of dealing with it. Why act like it didn't happen. It was a rumor that was out there. It isn't like someone was making up trade ideas or something. Philosophical differences I guess.

But I am an Admin God, just so everyone knows.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Yeah, that is pretty bad way of dealing with it. Why act like it didn't happen. It was a rumor that was out there. It isn't like someone was making up trade ideas or something. Philosophical differences I guess.

But I am an Admin God, just so everyone knows.

demi-god until 100K