AJ Did Not Test Positive; No Story Here

flavum

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
Guilty until proven innocent.

The new normal in the Internet age.

Which is fine, and pretty much the point of a message board. I'm saying he's guilty, even though I do not have a positive test behind it. Lets also add: I'm not a columnist, or an MLB governing body. I'm someone simply posting here.

And what informs my belief is not just this huge spike in power (at age 35, in a free agent year).... but additionally the fact that baseball itself --the league and its ever-expanding players-- put me in a position to have to think that way. Unless I'm out to be naive on purpose (just for my own team's guys).

To clarify even further, I'm not as devastated by steroid use as some here are-- after all I like the NFL-- but that would be an entirely different discussion.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
Based on what we've seen in MLB's recent history, there absolutely cannot be any shock over this. His best power numbers at age 35, plus a free agent year.

I'm not talking about rumors, just saying --he's using-- regardless of this 'report'

Not disagreeing. When it comes to PEDs in baseball, I can't help but be of the where there's smoke there's fire mindset- I don't see how anyone watching this game for the last 10-15 years can look at it any other way. That's why it would be a bummer- my comment stems from my fandom. Pierzynski is a favorite of mine right up there with some of the other more typical Sox favorites.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
Not disagreeing. When it comes to PEDs in baseball, I can't help but be of the where there's smoke there's fire mindset- I don't see how anyone watching this game for the last 10-15 years can look at it any other way. That's why it would be a bummer- my comment stems from my fandom. Pierzynski is a favorite of mine right up there with some of the other more typical Sox favorites.

I can think of at least 1 example of a PED rumor starting at a message board and winding up being incorrect.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
The good thing is it doesn't matter how it looks.

It only matters if AJ tested positive and loses his appeal.

Well I meant that it doesn't bode well for AJ or the Sox, not that the Sox reputation is getting hurt just by a rumor.

FWIW, there had been talk earlier in the season about AJ having really put effort into a strength and conditioning program for the first time as a player, particularly in the offseason. Our S&C coach was interviewed as well. This was offered as an explanation for his resurgence.

Of course, this goes both ways. I'd get more interested in lifting weights, etc. if I was doing a steroid run too.

Just like people saying there are whispers. Of course there are when something crazy happens like this. There would be whispers if he were innocent.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
FWIW, there had been talk earlier in the season about AJ having really put effort into a strength and conditioning program for the first time as a player, particularly in the offseason. Our S&C coach was interviewed as well. This was offered as an explanation for his resurgence.

Of course, this goes both ways. I'd get more interested in lifting weights, etc. if I was doing a steroid run too.

Just like people saying there are whispers. Of course there are when something crazy happens like this. There would be whispers if he were innocent.

Allen Thomas

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
I'm hearing that he failed the test 2 weeks ago. There will be a press conference tomorrow where his suspension will be made official. Makes sense since they just brought up Gimenez.

Not saying I don't believe you, but bringing up Gimenez would have happened no matter what due to the September callup deadline.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
I'm hearing that he failed the test 2 weeks ago. There will be a press conference tomorrow where his suspension will be made official. Makes sense since they just brought up Gimenez.

If you're gonna come out and say this you should at least give us some kind of source.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)

Well, that's too bad. If this is true, I wonder if Selig would take the stance of making the Sox forfeit every game AJ hit a homer in after surpassing last year's HR total. If AJ did this, it definitely showed in his power numbers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
Well, that's too bad. If this is true, I wonder if Selig would take the stance of making the Sox forfeit every game AJ hit a homer in after surpassing last year's HR total. If AJ did this, it definitely showed in his power numbers.

Lol :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:03 PM)

Don't worry greg, it's not the NCAA where they try to magically pretend like games never happened.