Bears Game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, when you look at that game - the bears played as poorly as possible and lost by 13 on the road. its abundantly clear that this packers team is no longer the dominant force that they once were in the NFC - im not saying they arent better than the bears (cuz likely they still are), but they are not the clear cut best team in the league anymore

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
cutler is the same f***ing arrogant prick douchebag he has been for the past 10 years. He is so f***ing full of himself it makes me sick. the guy is so supremely talented, if he had an ounce of humility he'd be a hall of famer, and yet he gets so little out of his talent. Yes the O line sucked, but the last 3-4 sacks were because he didnt get rid of the ball. he threw multiple times off his back foot tonight - same dumbs*** mistakes he has made his entire career...i

His mechanics today were brutal. Probably because he was hearing footsteps every time he was in the pocket. Last week he had poor mechanics early (when he was getting hit) and then finally, once he got some time, the mechanics settled down. I don't know if Bates really knows a damn thing about passing mechanics. The dude might have been a total moron, the reality is, Shanny is/was an offensive guru.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
I like him a lot as a draft analyst. I think he's a better college announcer than an NFL announcer.

he suffers from the same thing steve stone does - overanalyzes and doesnt know that sometimes shoving the abundantly obvious down your throat is not necessary every single play

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
Someone made a great point earlier. The Packers are just an awful match-up for the Bears. I was stunned at how many people in the media were expecting the Bears to win tonight. Like you said, the Bears will be fine.

Really, a different game plan and better execution and this is an entirely different game. A poor 12 man on the field call (one I disagreed with), leads to 3. Then the fake field goal turns into a gift TD. Next you have Carimi with a dumbass penalty (Bears were finally using Forte/Bush and moving the ball) and were in a position to get a field goal. All just brutal things.

At the same time, Bears proved one thing all night, GB couldn't stop the run to save their lives. Same thing they showed last week against San Fran. We should have been running all day until it finally opened up some lanes. Make them bring the safeties into the box and then go with a play action. This line can run block and doing all that would have opened a lot more up. There was also zero mis-directioanl plays.

Tice just isn't an experienced play-caller so I expect growing pains in this area. Really, watching this game, I feel relatively confident about many things, only real concern is the oline and that has been the same concern since day 1. The biggest thing I saw was that our defense looked pretty freaking good.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 04:59 AM)
Cutler was bad today but he certainly didn't lose them the game.

The Bears will be fine, I actually think they'll end up winning the division.

Just have to root for other teams in the division to knock off the Tigers, no wait, I mean Green Bay :)

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
Dude, it wasn't all Cutler's fault, everyone on offense was bad, I agree...what pisses me off is Cutler idiotic decisions, throwing into double coverage. He forces throws too much and most of them get picked off vs the Packers secondary, he's talented but he's also a bit of a moron. If there's nothing tthere, throw the f***ing ball away, don't throw a stupid INT and give GB great field position...the D did their job. Jay and the offense cost the Bears this game.

Unfortunately, he gave up in the 2nd half. Literally gave up. It is the one problem I have with him. He lets his attitude get in the way and as a result he makes stupid mistakes. I don't know if Tice will be able to get through to him the way Martz could (even though it pissed him off and led to him getting fired).

Cutler basically had 1 awful pick today. The rest of the time, I really didn't care. He had another 2 that could have been picked though and held onto the ball way too long late in the game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)
Just have to root for other teams in the division to knock off the Tigers, no wait, I mean Green Bay :)

Ha, I'm actually not a Bears fan so I really couldn't care less what happens there but the more I look at it, I actually think the Bears might be better than GB. Crazy talk I know but I'll let it play out.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
Cutler was bad today but he certainly didn't lose them the game.

The Bears will be fine, I actually think they'll end up winning the division.

7 sacks. Man he got killed today. And a couple of those sacks were on him (the late sacks). I also think not having Forte hurt. They needed to use Forte a lot when that defense was overpursuing.

Cutler was rattled, no doubt about it.

At the podium, this is a different Jay Cutler. He seems a little more sincere. Albeit, just a little. I liked when he talked about how he cares about the game and he talked about how they got into a passing game which hurt the line (not throwing them under the bus).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)
7 sacks. Man he got killed today. And a couple of those sacks were on him (the late sacks). I also think not having Forte hurt. They needed to use Forte a lot when that defense was overpursuing.

Cutler was rattled, no doubt about it.

No argument from me. Trust me, I've defended Jay as much as anyone(said numerous times on this board that before he got hurt last year that outside of the big 3, he was as good as any qb in the league) but he made some dumb throws today and held onto the ball way too long at times. That being said, the receivers were terrible, the line was god awful, everyone f***in sucked.

Jay is a great f***in qb, he had a bad game today but he's going to win this team some games single handily as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
No argument from me. Trust me, I've defended Jay as much as anyone(said numerous times on this board that before he got hurt last year that outside of the big 3, he was as good as any qb in the league) but he made some dumb throws today and held onto the ball way too long at times. That being said, the receivers were terrible, the line was god awful, everyone f***in sucked.

Jay is a great f***in qb, he had a bad game today but he's going to win this team some games single handily as well.

Agreed on all accounts.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
Unfortunately, he gave up in the 2nd half. Literally gave up. It is the one problem I have with him. He lets his attitude get in the way and as a result he makes stupid mistakes. I don't know if Tice will be able to get through to him the way Martz could (even though it pissed him off and led to him getting fired).

Cutler basically had 1 awful pick today. The rest of the time, I really didn't care. He had another 2 that could have been picked though and held onto the ball way too long late in the game.

Agreed.

Shame on Mike Tice for not being more prepared for Clay Matthews. They have ONE pass rusher worth a s*** and you couldn't have had more protection schemes devised to block him? You don't roll Jay out of the pocket at all? Will he ever learn?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
Agreed.

Shame on Mike Tice for not being more prepared for Clay Matthews. They have ONE pass rusher worth a s*** and you couldn't have had more protection schemes devised to block him? You don't roll Jay out of the pocket at all? Will he ever learn?

Man was Jamarcus Webb bad(granted Clay is a beast) but Kellen Davis did a much better job the few times he blocked Mathews than Webb did.

This reminded me a lot of that MNF game in Detroit last season.

EVERYTHING went wrong, from awful play on the field, to not getting a single call from the awful refs, and they still had their chances. Offense was awful from top to bottom. I'm not going to overreact and panic yet.

Mike Tice....wtf dude. No help for Webb on Matthews? Not a single play call that gave the ball to playmakers in the open field. Know how to defense against a speed rush? Screen plays. Oh, they're double-teaming Marshall? What the hell did we draft Alshon for? Just bad, bad, bad offense from top to bottom.

Defense played a phenomenal game. I think they looked better tonight than in Week 1 against a far worse opponent. Peppers, Melton looked good. Briggs had a nice game. Secondary did a damn good job. I don't know what's gotten into Tim Jennings but I LOVE IT.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:42 PM)
No. He didn't play well at all, but the rest of the offense could have made this game close. Hard to say what happens from there if some of those catches and/or blocks were made. This was a total team loss on offense. No one played at an acceptable level with the exception of possibly Michael Bush.

What remains true is that Jay Cutler is by far the best QB in the history of this franchise.

I don't think anyone will dispute anything written here. However, can we also stop pretending that Cutler doesn't continually wet the bed against our biggest rival twice a year? His performances are embarassing and frustrating to fans, and quite frankly I am getting tired of it. I am a Cutler guy by the way, so don't lump me in with the Orton derps.

Also, how much longer is Lovie going to get a pass in this town with fans and media? Year after year his teams embarass themselves in big games or against rivals, and all we keep hearing is taht he is a good coach. Good coaches make adjustments during the game, good coaches don't hire incompetent offensive coordinator after incompetent offensive coordinator. This team for the last several years has had deer in the headlights looks against the Packers far too much. I am not one of these meatballs who think being 2-14 and beating the Packers twice is a good season, but this is a team we play twice a year every year and have to fight for the division. These games are REALLY important, and we look unprepared for them year after year.