Bears Game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:46 PM)
IT was awful. They should have protected Jay and the pass game early by rushing. They could have ran it all day long against GB. The game plan and execution offensively were just brutal. Capers panced Tice/Cutler.

Its been happening every time we play the Packers the last several years but for some reason we keep getting surprised by it. The Bears coaching staff has no idea how to deal with Green Bay.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
We seem incapable of making in-game adjustments.

Basically, what you see in the first quarter or quarter and a half is what you're going to see all game.

I find that supremely frustrating.

I'm not even as mad at the lack of in-game adjustments as I am about the fact that "You're playing the Green Bay Packers and your game plan doesn't expect them to pressure the QB". There was nothing done to help Cutler the entire portion of the game I watched. It was the Martz offense all over again, long drop, look down the field.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)
Doug Buffone and Ed O'Bradovich postgame shows are the truth like Jesus. I'm trying to imagine how it would be if they were in the booth for Sox games. My word.

I imagine they had some outstanding meatball callers last night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
So, what the f*** is up with Jay Cutler and night games? Does he not manage his diabetes well-enough? He always sucks at night! He had no energy last night, and he had no strength for the deep ball, and he also looked pale and s***ty.

I am pretty sure his night game numbers have been historically terrible.

And that is bad, because the Superbowl is not a day game. So he better figure that s*** out if he ever wants to play in and succeed in that game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
I am pretty sure his night game numbers have been historically terrible.

And that is bad, because the Superbowl is not a day game. So he better figure that s*** out if he ever wants to play in and succeed in that game.

Actually, in his career he has played better than normal on Monday nights. Thursday nights have been a clusterf*** though. (Finding his Sunday night stats would take too much research right now)

Mondays: 10 games, 6-4 record. 61.4 % completion, 17 TD, 7 Int, 94.4 QB rating.

Thursdays: 5 games, 2-3 record. 57.8% completion, 5 TD, 11 Int, 63.6 QB rating

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
So, what the f*** is up with Jay Cutler and night games? Does he not manage his diabetes well-enough? He always sucks at night! He had no energy last night, and he had no strength for the deep ball, and he also looked pale and s***ty.

Probably cause he was getting his ass kicked repeatedly.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
Buffone and O'Bradovich are ice picks in the brain. I don't care how much they tell the truth, their show is brutal to listen to. Almost as bad as Hampton

Truth.

Their show is only fun when the Bears lose, because these two are the template for meatball fans everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
Never knew John Lynch was born in Hinsdale, like me. Too bad there won't be another one like him with these rules. Was fun to watch.

I will never forget when he trucked his brother in law John Allred. That basically ended his career, not due to injury but rather irrelevancy