Sox vs Tigers... The Final Countdown!!!!

LittleHurt05

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have tickets for Wednesday. Took a quick gander at Stubhub to discover $7 tickets for tomorrow (500 level). Thats hilarious, because this is pretty much a playoff game. If the defibrillators I ordered on Amazon for this week get here in a timely fashion, I might just have to buy. Beer costs more than that at a ballpark. I'm not one to bring up attendance, but you can rest assured that if the Cubs were in the Sox' position- up two games on the closest division rival with 3 weeks to go in the season- the s***tiest seats in their park would be going for around $50 and your firstborn child.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 02:11 AM)
Have tickets for Wednesday. Took a quick gander at Stubhub to discover $7 tickets for tomorrow (500 level). Thats hilarious, because this is pretty much a playoff game. If the defibrillators I ordered on Amazon for this week get here in a timely fashion, I might just have to buy. Beer costs more than. I'm not one to bring up attendance, but you can rest assured that if the Cubs were in the Sox' position- up two games on the closest division rival with 3 weeks to go in the season- the s***tiest seats in their park would be going for around $50 and your firstborn child.

Maybe if we packed the park every game the Sox actually could win a series against the Royals in the Cell.

Do you guys think the Sox will be tight for this series again? I just don't see how many times we can go through the exact same scenario. Sox have a fairly comfortable lead on the Tigers, then get swept and that fairly comfortable lead is gone. We are not going to win the wildcards so this is it again. Do the Sox take advantage of the homefield and win three of four? Or do they, as I expect to happen, get swept? Kenny Williams tried to fire up the team by blasting it publicly after the last disaster in Detroit. That didn't work. So what does Robin do now?

These are going to be hard games to watch again IMO. Cause the Sox are so damn tight when they play Detroit and KC. Sounds like the fans aren't going to help by showing up so what does Robin do to get the team to not be so tight?

Edited by greg775

My lineup suggestion for tomorrow is:

- De Aza 8

- Youk 5

- Wise 7

- PK 3

- Rios 9

- AJ 2

-Ramirez 6

- Johnson 0

- Beckham 4

I just looked it up, and even though Porcello is a righty, Viciedo is 4-11 with a HR against him, so I would go with the regular lineup, bat Wise in Dunn's spot, with Wise in LF and Viciedo at DH.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

It is statement time for both teams. This is the last stretch of games worth two games in the standings for these teams. After this, it becomes taking care of your business and scoreboard watching. A White Sox sweep ends the Tigers season for all practical purposes. 3 Sox wins puts it on life support. Even a split is a positive thing for Chicago, as it leaves them two games up, with four more games off of the schedule. If the Tigers win 3, it leaves the two teams tied after this series. About the only thing the Sox can 't afford is to get swept, but even that only leaves them two games back.