9/14 Sox at Twins

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
Not really, because if the Sox can't beat a pitcher named Esmerelda with an ERA over 9 with any of their starting pitchers, then they don't deserve to win this division.

This. But I am fairly confident these boys know what's at stake and will steamroll the Twins.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
Not really, because if the Sox can't beat a pitcher named Esmerelda with an ERA over 9 with any of their starting pitchers, then they don't deserve to win this division.

Again, nobody "deserves" to win any division.

The team that ends up with the most wins wins it.

St. Louis didn't "deserve" to win the 2006 NLC with 83 wins by your reasoning, either.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
Again, nobody "deserves" to win any division.

The team that ends up with the most wins wins it.

St. Louis didn't "deserve" to win the 2006 NLC with 83 wins by your reasoning, either.

The 2008 White Sox had to be one of the least "deserving" division champs in a while.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
The 2008 White Sox had to be one of the least "deserving" division champs in a while.

That last 3 games plus the blackout game made it deserving for me. That was one hell of a guantlet, and they were running on fumes and somehow pulled it out

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
That last 3 games plus the blackout game made it deserving for me. That was one hell of a guantlet, and they were running on fumes and somehow pulled it out

I absolutely destroyed my liver for that 8-game stretch starting with the Tuesday game in the Metrodome. What a week that was.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 02:46 PM)
I absolutely destroyed my liver for that 8-game stretch starting with the Tuesday game in the Metrodome. What a week that was.

My daughter spent the night at her grandmothers and my wife worked during te blackout game. I sat on the edge of my couch and watched the entire thing and didn't move from that spot once, I was so tense

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
De Aza 7

Youk 5

Wise 8

PK14 3

Rios 9

AJP 2

Tank dh

Alexei 6

Beckham 4

Sale 1

I simply love D Wise but it's hard to take our team seriously with him batting third. I'd even put whiffmeister Tank third if we had to. WTF.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
My daughter spent the night at her grandmothers and my wife worked during te blackout game. I sat on the edge of my couch and watched the entire thing and didn't move from that spot once, I was so tense

My boss pulled strings and got me and a buddy front row seats right next to the tarp on the 3rd base line. It might have been the best game ever for me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
My boss pulled strings and got me and a buddy front row seats right next to the tarp on the 3rd base line. It might have been the best game ever for me.

As soon as the game vs the Tigers ended, I just sat on Ticketmaster pressing refresh until the tickets went on sale. Scored two in the upper deck behind home plate, like row 10 or something. So awesome.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)

Yeah I was there too. In fact, I think we talked at that game, didn't we?

That team seemed to want to give it away as the season went on, but somehow, they pulled it out. Would love this season to be the same.