9/14 Sox at Twins

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
He's. Had. 10. At. Bats.

We are living the moment and not the past. DJ has had 10 at bats but they were good ones. Also, it doesn't hurt to try a different lineup when your hitting has been so bad.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
I'm not saying start him over Dunn when Dunn returns. Just seems like while he's giving you good ABs, you might as well find a spot for him in the lineup with so many others are struggling.

The person I was replying to, and who you backed up, wanted him hitting third.

I won't be angry if he hits 8, but saying "wise is unacceptable, play Johnson" reminds me of the person who wanted Cutler traded after last night.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
Dan Johnson has actually been outhit by wise the last couple years. Please stop, this level of backup qb syndrome is hard to watch. Hell, johnsons career slugging is only 20 points higher than wise and he had 2 15+ hr seasons half a decade ago.

And Dan Johnson has averaged 66 ABs/year over the last three years. It's like no one on this board knows anything about statistics.

Batting Johnson 3rd is dumb. But he should have been starting against every RHP while Dunn was out. Now that Dunn is coming back soon, the point is moot.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 02:02 AM)

I won't be angry if he hits 8, but saying "wise is unacceptable, play Johnson" reminds me of the person who wanted Cutler traded after last night.

Oh sorry, don't want him 3rd. I think 8th is perfect.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
And Dan Johnson has averaged 66 ABs/year over the last three years. It's like no one on this board knows anything about statistics.

Batting Johnson 3rd is dumb. But he should have been starting against every RHP while Dunn was out. Now that Dunn is coming back soon, the point is moot.

Then why are you all mad at me for saying that Johnson playing third is the same mistake as Wise hitting there?

2 walks from Dayan?

Not exactly a tension-filled game yet. Need to wait for the Sox bullpen to add some excitement

Tigers already won.

TB over NYY 5-4 in Gotham in the bottom of the 8th, Balt and Oak start a huge West Coast series tonight.

What is "Bubba Burger"? Anyone tried it? There's a new White Sox advertiser on the radio.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)

I still think he should be hitting in place of Wise. It doesn't matter of it is 3rd or 8th. and if you think hitting DJ 3rd is dumb, it is even dumber hitting Wise there.

Finally nice hit by Alexei.

Edited by rafacosta

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Then why are you all mad at me for saying that Johnson playing third is the same mistake as Wise hitting there?

1) not mad at you. 2) You compared 200 ABs over three years (Johnson) to 400 ABs over three years (Wise). Those sample sizes are so small that you can't gain any insight out of that.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
1) not mad at you. 2) You compared 200 ABs over three years (Johnson) to 400 ABs over three years (Wise). Those sample sizes are so small that you can't gain any insight out of that.

I can't believe you seriously think Johnson hitting 3rd is a good idea.

Great pitch by Sale there.

So far, Chris has done an admirable job with RISP.

Morneau has been their hottest hitter the last 2 months...needs to get the lefty out and turn it over to the pen.

99 pitches on the game.

Which means Ventura will send him out to start the 7th, because, well, RV just seems to be doing the opposite of what works the last 3 weeks with our bullpen.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
I can't believe you seriously think Johnson hitting 3rd is a good idea.

We are just saying that between Wise and DJ hitting 3rd, we would prefer DJ. Well at least me. Rios should be hitting 3rd w Dunn out. And nobody is mad at you.