9/15 White Sox at Twins

Well Detroit has woken up from its slumber. If we're gonna win it, we're gonna have to earn it. I'm still glad we got rained out the other night. Sox at that point were in the tank. Now they appear to be competing again.

The ? is can we earn the title and beat a higher payroll team in the Tigers or not?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
So UnAmerican like....

I also have a birth certificate from Indonesia. Joking.

1992-1996 Georgia (Statesboro/Augusta)

1996-2005 Kansas City

2005-06 Colombia

2006-07 Kansas City with Greg775

2007 China

2008 Philippines/Thailand

2009 Thailand

2010 China

2011 South Korea/China

2012 China

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
Well Detroit has woken up from its slumber. If we're gonna win it, we're gonna have to earn it. I'm still glad we got rained out the other night. Sox at that point were in the tank. Now they appear to be competing again.

The ? is can we earn the title and beat a higher payroll team in the Tigers or not?

The bigger questions are going to be beating the Tigers Monday, KC, the A's and the Rays.

The Tigers only have one "good" team left, we have two.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)

1996-2005 Kansas City

2005-06 Colombia

2007 China

2009 Thailand

2010 China

2011 South Korea/China

2012 China

Your Chinese must be pretty good by now...

Following Sox games in China is a b****. In fact, going to any American website ends up being a b****.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Your Chinese must be pretty good by now...

Following Sox games in China is a b****. In fact, going to any American website ends up being a b****.

MLB Gameday Audio and this year (with our school's internet upgrade) more recently I've been able to watch 90% of the plays through MLB.TV, although it jumps and freezes and restarts.

I use freegate and DynaPass, usually that gets me around any problems. A lot of people pay $10-15 per month for a more reliable VPN/proxy service, but usually those work for me.

The only times there are problems are when there are events like the Olympics (where there is often negative Chinese coverage in the press)...anniversaries of events like Tiananmen Square in 1989, etc.

They made the compromise agreement to host google through Hong Kong to save face, because they couldn't afford to not have that search engine. Most Chinese people use baidu.com and bing.com.

In fact, almost any recent movie or book is available for free within a year (popular ones), just go to baidu or bing, enter the name of the book or ISBN and PDF.

Funshion.com (the best, to me), tudou.com, youku.com, sohu.com and ppt stream are the best for downloading movies and tv shows. The big budget action movies that debut in the US and internationally at roughly the same time are almost always online within the weekend or no more than a week or two.

And my Chinese still sucks after 2+ years living here!!! It's a pain in the butt, the pronunciation and tones, I actually spoke Thai more fluently and it has 5 tones compared to 4 for Chinese. They say Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai and Arabic are the hardest languages for a Westerner to learn, and it's definitely true. Spanish, Italian and Portuguese are easy in comparison.

Also, keep in mind, there's about 20,000 Chinese characters commonly used in everyday conversation and texting. Hit the tone not exactly right or precisely enough and you're forming an entirely new word that might even be offensive, somehow. Compare that to the English alphabet.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)

1996-2005 Kansas City

2005-06 Colombia

2007 China

2009 Thailand

2010 China

2011 South Korea/China

2012 China

Did you ever deal with the crazy 88s in your travels?

Edited by LittleHurt05