Game Thread, No More "Silly Walks" Edition

cabiness42

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can't beat 2 of the worst pitchers in the AL in Chen and Guthrie, despite our past against them, we don't deserve to play in the playoffs and face actual good pitchers.

We lose tonight, we are in trouble.

We win tonight, Detroit wins, we are 50/50 imo.

We win tonight, Detroit loses, we have the edge, albeit slight.

I gotta think someone will step up and we crush Guthrie, but Liriano keeps it close, bullpen shuts it down.

7-6 white sox

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/mlb/gamed...ome&c_id=kc

White Sox: Rios excelling in bid for first postseason run

Nine-year veteran Alex Rios has never taken part in the playoffs and is relishing his role on a first-place team.

"This whole season has been something that I've never experienced," Rios said. "I've never experienced this, and every day when you come to the field, it means something. It means that you have to come and do something good to try to win games."

He's been doing plenty to make sure Chicago reaches the postseason. After a 3-for-4 game on Wednesday, Rios is hitting .301 with an .854 OPS, 24 home runs, 87 RBIs and 22 stolen bases.

He also is tied for first in the Majors in lead-changing home runs and has collected eight in the sixth inning or later, including his shot in the seventh inning of Tuesday's 3-2 win.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 08:58 AM)
23 2/3 IP 0 earned runs.

Post this in the locker room, please.

Post these box scores along with highlights all over the locker room. Proof that a team in a White Sox jersey can score runs against and beat Jeremy Guthrie. Some of you guys were involved in these games too. Remember?

August 8, 2011

May 2, 2011

August 24, 2010

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
Tribune stated last night that Wise is probably playing over Viciedo tonight.

I'd throw the Sunday line up out there. The Royals get how to pitch our guys. Slow and away early, followed by complete garbage (high/hard and out or slow and in the dirt) with two strikes. We need a line up that is willing to go the other way on that crap. The type of grinders that usually kick our asses would be perfect. Send guys like Lopez out there.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
The Tigers play at noon, so we will know early if today's game thread mood will be normal negative depression or if it will reach DEFCON 2 suicidal.

Bwhahahahah I'm not worried. The SOX will take care of business tonight. They just came out flat. Hopefully RV lights a fire under their asses and remind them that they are in a bloody pennant race.

BTW, I think Youk and Rios should trade spots. Youk has been K 'ing' too much for the two hole lately.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
Bwhahahahah I'm not worried. The SOX will take care of business tonight. They just came out flat. Hopefully RV lights a fire under their asses and remind them that they are in a bloody pennant race.

BTW, I think Youk and Rios should trade spots. Youk has been K 'ing' too much for the two hole lately.

I hope this is a joke that I'm missing...

They just came out flat? RV needs to light a fire?

You're up 3, with 2 weeks of baseball left to play. The Tigers are a good team, and will pass you if you "come out flat". If that's not enough to light a fire under their damn asses, then that's sad.

I'm usually not one to get too upset over 1 game, but come on. KC tried to give us that game, and they refused to take it. They damn well better not come out flat now.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)
I hope this is a joke that I'm missing...

They just came out flat? RV needs to light a fire?

You're up 3, with 2 weeks of baseball left to play. The Tigers are a good team, and will pass you if you "come out flat". If that's not enough to light a fire under their damn asses, then that's sad.

I'm usually not one to get too upset over 1 game, but come on. KC tried to give us that game, and they refused to take it. They damn well better not come out flat now.

They were just ubber bad in RISP yesterday. Bases loaded noone out and not one crossed because the cubans don't know how to work a count. Tyler was too passive at the plate as well. You're not going to sharp every game. We win 2 of 3, I'm content and I feel like De-toilet is going down this afternoon.

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
If we can't beat 2 of the worst pitchers in the AL in Chen and Guthrie, despite our past against them, we don't deserve to play in the playoffs and face actual good pitchers.

We lose tonight, we are in trouble.

We win tonight, Detroit wins, we are 50/50 imo.

We win tonight, Detroit loses, we have the edge, albeit slight.

I gotta think someone will step up and we crush Guthrie, but Liriano keeps it close, bullpen shuts it down.

7-6 white sox

Detroit is going to lose some games before the season ends. Being two games up means being two games up, nothing more, nothing less.

Sox can win tonight and not get it done in the end, or not win and end up fine later on. When Detroit shows me they can field a ball, I will start turning up my fear levels.

Cabrera is hitting .371 with 21 RBI's in 17 SEPT games, before today.

Delmon Young doing his best Viciedo impression, pretty similar players at similar ages...although it seems like Young has been around forever.

Sanibal, to quote Rod Allen, pitching as well as he has all season for the Tigers/Marlins....Fister 2.0 down the stretch?

How much would you give him as a FA contract per year and how many years? Worth it?

Edited by caulfield12