Chicago White Sox @ LAAA California Angels playing in Anaheim.

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
Would anyone have a problem with PK being the DH and Dunn playing first? I really think he's better when he plays the field

Not really. Don't have a problem with that. For me moving Beckham to the 2 hole and Youk who has fallen off a clif down a bit and moving Rios to third, Dunn to 4th and kong to 5th with Aj, the Youk splitting the Cubans.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
At some point it would be nice to see the sox look to balance the equation a bit with our offense. It's the same issue as we have seen for years. When we click we hit home runs and score in bunches. When we go cold it's a series of pop ups and almost warning track shots. We need to be able to sustain the ability to score to help out the pitching. It can't be where the pitching has to be perfect to win. Look at what we've become. A pitcher has a qs and we lament what a bad outing he had. 4 runs and we start to look at tomorrow's matchups. That's sad. The offense needs to pick it up now.

That's all on Kenny. Even the players he brings from the outside are power first guys.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
Wow, this thread is youg-ly.

Anyway, I hope Rick Hahn will be allowed to do what he wants in the offseason.

Well, the Sox haven't won since Hahn was "promoted", and they've also lost 4 straight since playoff tickets went on sale, I believe :)

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
Wow, this thread is youg-ly.

Anyway, I hope Rick Hahn will be allowed to do what he wants in the offseason.

I hope we infest heavily on a amateur side and development. Kenny's job needs to keep Jerry out of any baseball decisions.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 04:11 AM)
Will this be big news if we blow the division after getting the lead up to 3 games or is it ho hum, the Tigers are great and finally playing to their potential?

100% the Tigers started playing to their potential will be the story.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
I hope we infest heavily on a amateur side and development. Kenny's job needs to keep Jerry out of any baseball decisions.

According to some at WSI who have inside info, JR is the problem in that area.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Will this be big news if we blow the division after getting the lead up to 3 games or is it ho hum, the Tigers are great and finally playing to their potential?

If we don't win the division it's because we choked it away. The tigers suck. We just kept them in it too long by struggling against garbage and having our O go bad this week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 04:12 AM)

That's good. I'd hate it to be the nation mocking us. I guess if the lead was 6 games it woulda been a different story, more of a choke job.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 04:12 AM)
If we don't win the division it's because we choked it away. The tigers suck. We just kept them in it too long by struggling against garbage and having our O go bad this week.

That's not how the media will report it though (which is what I thought greg was asking about)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)

Absolutely. The White Sox are an afterthought.

It'll be Tigers finally came around, Cabrera MVP, Verlander, Leyland...and how can we blame the media for taking that stance? I wouldn't.