Chicago White Sox @ LAAA California Angels playing in Anaheim.

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Tigers offense seems like they're getting a ton of hits every game right now.

I'll be very curious to see how Scherzer looks tomorrow night. Seems odd that he'd be able to turn around and start throwing hard again after straining the shoulder muscle, but who knows?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Tigers offense seems like they're getting a ton of hits every game right now.

I think it was pretty fair to presume the Tigers would take care of the Twins this weekend...the doubleheader is a break in that it probably makes it a touch more difficult for them to sweep. Let's hope we can win at least one and come out of the weekend with a one game lead.

Anything else is just gravy in my opinion.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
I'll be very curious to see how Scherzer looks tomorrow night. Seems odd that he'd be able to turn around and start throwing hard again after straining the shoulder muscle, but who knows?

So they're not holding him out for a start?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
I think it was pretty fair to presume the Tigers would take care of the Twins this weekend...the doubleheader is a break in that it probably makes it a touch more difficult for them to sweep. Let's hope we can win at least one and come out of the weekend with a one game lead.

Anything else is just gravy in my opinion.

I actually think the DH makes it easier for them, as Tigers are more likely to go with their main lineup both games while Twins might mix and match.

Angels are playing with a real sense of urgency right now and still feel they can catch OAK for a WC spot. The interviews with them I've seen shows a bunch of guys who are prepared to just let it all hang out and let the chips fall where they may. They seem loose, not tight. I don't know how Robin and his guys do it, but they need to get the Sox playing with that desire to win vs. that fear of losing. You can just see it right now. No reason they shouldn't have beaten up on Santana last night, the guy's not good. I feel like just one explosive inning, some bloops and some blasts, could propel them back into the right mindset.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
ugh 6-0

Think on the bright side (and I'm being sincere). No matter what, when we wake up tomorrow, the Sox will still be in first place. Without the rain out last night, it could easily have been tied after tonight. Hopefully the Sox beat up on Haren tonight and we can still be in first place come Monday.