GT: 9/23: Sox vs. Angels

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
I want us to make it for the sole reason that we'll have a chance to win it all. We may not be a cinch, but the talent is there for us to get hot and win the thing. I'd rather get swept out than miss it, sure, but it's all about that chance at a ring.

Getting swept in the playoffs is a horrific feeling. I want to get in but catch lightning in a bottle when we do get in. It's so frustrating to be a Sox fan right now. Even though Rongey says to enjoy the moment, it's difficult when the Sox are playing arguably, their worst baseball of the season. Was it asking too much to win one game against the Angels? If we get swept by Cleveland, do you think Robin will return? Seriously. Not that he'd be fired, but that he would just not want to come back after such a horrible conclusion to the season?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Getting swept in the playoffs is a horrific feeling. I want to get in but catch lightning in a bottle when we do get in. It's so frustrating to be a Sox fan right now. Even though Rongey says to enjoy the moment, it's difficult when the Sox are playing arguably, their worst baseball of the season. Was it asking too much to win one game against the Angels? If we get swept by Cleveland, do you think Robin will return? Seriously. Not that he'd be fired, but that he would just not want to come back after such a horrible conclusion to the season?

We will not get swept by Indians. They're not even trying right now.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 03:13 AM)
We will not get swept by Indians. They're not even trying right now.

This is another one of those stretches where a Sox victory of any kind is impossible to imagine. I'll have to see it to believe it ... again.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
I think the travel has taken a significant toll. I wish they could get an off day as a team.

No, unfortunately we just ran into a good team where we don't traditionally play well in Anaheim. The KC series was what it was, we gift wrapped a few games for them also but again we don't play well there either.

The truth is in the past, like 2006, I just wanted to get in to see what we could do because I thought we had as good of starting pitching as anyone. This year you cannot say that, especially since JFPINAA. The way Floyd has thrown the ball recently he definitely should get consideration for a spot in the rotation if we made it.

Bottom line is yes it would be great to have some playoff baseball in Chicago and some meaningful games in the postseason. No expectations though like 2005. I'd be happy to make it and have a chance.