GT: 9/23: Sox vs. Angels

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
Like me not talking about Ozzie anymore, I wish the board would not talk about these percentages the rest of this season and in the future. They are stupid. When you are 3 games up like we were at one point, all that means is a team like the Angels sweeps us and Detroit wins 3 and it's gone and the percentages meant squad.

It's like those newspaper articles I used to read when a team falls eight games back in April. The writer would look up the record the team would need to win the division and it would be some insane winning percentage that never took in account the other teams' records. ugh.

MATH IS SCARY. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha.

Escobar K's, Morneau tries to score on the wild pitch and he steps on the plate and forgets he has to tag the runner.

4-2.

Three huge defensive lapses in one inning alone. Dirks letting ball drop in LF after bad jump, Infante bad throw to Fielder, Villarreal with a huge brain cramp not tagging the sluggish Morneau trying to score there.

No clue why the runner on 1st didn't get to 2nd base on that play.

Still leaves the DP as an option to get out of the inning. Florimon up, their worst, weakest hitter.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Runner safe at 1B, another run scores, in a play that immediately brought to mind Rios taking out Infante at 2B in Chicago.

5-2. Just BARELY beat the throw to 1B by the closest of margins.

5 runs, 8 hits now for Minnesota. 3 surrendered by Max Patkin.

Edited by caulfield12

Stolen bases, let's get that 6th run.

Twins now hitting around, sending their 9th hitter to the dish. Crazy, crazy game, baseball.

Span .354 career hitter against DET, time to strike now with a dagger.

Simply hilarious that we could be losers of 5 games in a row and still come home with a 1 game lead with 10 left to play, were the Tigers/Smyly to lose tonight.

Edited by caulfield12

Sellout crowd (33 on the season, over 3 million tickets sold already) STUNNED and in DISBELIEF.

40,000+ today on an NFL Sunday.

Span K's, FINALLY. Villarreal struggling with his control.

Now, whatever happens, just don't let Miguel Cabrera freakin' beat you. And be ready to attack Fielder with loogies. Send Veal to the Twins today, one day trade, and then back to the Sox.

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
Today, I am a Twins fan!

I will take a shower later.

About as palatable as cheering for Grant Balfour earlier this week.

Meanwhile, the A's in danger of losing a 3rd game in a row to the Yankees after having the early lead. Angels smelling blood in the water, A's have 7 against TEX and 3 against SEA.

If you were betting baseball, it would be almost impossible to imagine all the money on the Angels and Weaver over the White Sox today. Sucker bet for Caesar?

Edited by caulfield12

Florimon and Escobar with two great plays today limiting the Tigers' offense. Cabrera and Fielder BOTH retired, for now.

9 more outs to go.

Go Twinkies!!! Go Piranhas!!! Bite, bite, bite.

Take that, annoying "Singing Vendor" Guy.

Villarreal's done for the day.

That leaves Alburquerque, Dotel and Benoit as the bullpen for tonight...NOT before Valverde, since he won't be in the game except as the mop-up guy in a blowout loss.

Edited by caulfield12