9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:49 AM)
He'll probably say he wanted to avoid the double play since De Aza hit into that one yesterday.

It's too early in the game to be playing out to out. Ugh. This is mainly cause our starting pitchers can't even get us to the seventh. KW really looks dumb now for not adding somebody reliable to bolster our injured starting staff. We're gonna regret this next year when the Tigers actually play like the Tigers and we are playing with an upside of maybe 10 over .500 again.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 07:50 PM)
Where did I argue that it was the right call?

You cant even address the argument. The Sox were picked to be under 500. Robin has them competing for the playoffs.

You want to fire a guy over a month of bad decisions in his first pennant race. That to me is a foolish knee jerk decision. Its like giving a lawyer fresh out of law school a million dollar case and then firing him because he made mistakes.

No s*** he makes mistakes, its his first time ever coaching at any level, let alone it being a pennant race. Complain about the Sox hiring him if you want, but they thought that this team wasnt going to compete.

Remember "Respect the game" was the tagline because they thought this team was going to be brutal.

I wish that were true.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:50 AM)
Where did I argue that it was the right call?

You cant even address the argument. The Sox were picked to be under 500. Robin has them competing for the playoffs.

You want to fire a guy over a month of bad decisions in his first pennant race. That to me is a foolish knee jerk decision. Its like giving a lawyer fresh out of law school a million dollar case and then firing him because he made mistakes.

No s*** he makes mistakes, its his first time ever coaching at any level, let alone it being a pennant race. Complain about the Sox hiring him if you want, but they thought that this team wasnt going to compete.

Remember "Respect the game" was the tagline because they thought this team was going to be brutal.

I never said they should fire him. He's actually done a lot of good for this organization in terms of fundamentals (holding runners being the biggest). I do think he's let the pressure of the pennant race absolutely get the best of him. With that said, I wouldn't be upset if he decided he didn't like managing and the Sox were able to bring in a more veteran manager.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)
It's too early in the game to be playing out to out. Ugh. This is mainly cause our starting pitchers can't even get us to the seventh. KW really looks dumb now for not adding somebody reliable to bolster our injured starting staff. We're gonna regret this next year when the Tigers actually play like the Tigers and we are playing with an upside of maybe 10 over .500 again.

It's not as easy as you think.

QUOTE (Spod=Ratings @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:51 AM)
The extreme b****ing on this board really needs to stop

The Sox's utter meltdown since the 5-game win streak has been maddening. We can't take it.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
It's not as easy as you think.

True.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
They are fluid for arm chair Quarterbacks. I would hope they are not for million dollar corporations who had very low expectations this year and Robin has exceeded them all.

Every corporation has long term goals when it enters a year. However, if you think that expectations don't change as the industry landscape changes, you're insane.

It's pathetic how people like you are trotting out the "Well, we were supposed to suck!" excuse with eight f***ing games left in the season in a pennant race.

Unbelievable.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 02:55 AM)
They won't

If you are going to bunt for a run in the fourth how is Veal not in the game with the bases loaded in the 4th then bring him in for the 5th.......

I guarantee it's because he didn't want to then have Veal face Lillibridge.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
Baron, question for you (since you know I respect your opinion): how would you evaluate what's going on with the Sox the last few weeks?

Seems like this team is completely worn out which is why I wont be that unhappy if we dont make the playoffs. I think the pitching staff is tired and our hitters are banged up. Robin seems to be going through some issues(I expected this for most of the season actually when pertaining to Robin). Stuff like that happens in a baseball season. If we dont make it hopefully we improve and can make a run next year.

Edited by Baron