9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:56 AM)
Seems like this team is completely worn out which is why I wont be that unhappy if we dont make the playoffs. I think the pitching staff is tired and our hitters are banged up. Robin seems to be going through some issues. Stuff like that happens in a baseball season. If we dont make it hopefully we improve and can make a run next year.

:notworthy

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Seems like this team is completely worn out which is why I wont be that unhappy if we dont make the playoffs. I think the pitching staff is tired and our hitters are banged up. Robin seems to be going through some issues(I expected this for most of the season actually when pertaining to Robin). Stuff like that happens in a baseball season. If we dont make it hopefully we improve and can make a run next year.

Nice assumption there tough guy

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Seems like this team is completely worn out which is why I wont be that unhappy if we dont make the playoffs. I think the pitching staff is tired and our hitters are banged up. Robin seems to be going through some issues(I expected this for most of the season actually when pertaining to Robin). Stuff like that happens in a baseball season. If we dont make it hopefully we improve and can make a run next year.

I agree with what your saying, but this swoon hurts because we only make the playoffs once every 4 years and I don't want to wait another year to see if we can do this again with new pieces next year.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
Every corporation has long term goals when it enters a year. However, if you think that expectations don't change as the industry landscape changes, you're insane.

It's pathetic how people like you are trotting out the "Well, we were supposed to suck!" excuse with eight f***ing games left in the season in a pennant race.

Unbelievable.

lol

The "industry landscape" changed?

The Sox were dramatically better this year with relatively the same team. The only "landscape change" was the hiring of Robin, and you are blaming him.

You are literally the guy who wants to fire Steve Jobs because his newest gadget is "failing" because it "only" sold 2mil in the fourth quarter after selling 10mil first quarter, even though the original projection was only 5mil units sold.

CUT MY NOSE TO SPITE MY FACE! CUT MY NOSE TO SPITE MY FACE!

Literally laughing here. I can remember what the fans were saying opening day this year.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:56 AM)

The problem is that on paper, our pitching staff really looks bad next season w/out Peavy. I mean really really bad. Laughably bad. Considering our recent history in free agency and lack of good pitchers out there anyway, next year could be one of the worst seasons we've experienced in a long long time.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
lol

The Sox were dramatically better this year with relatively the same team. The only "landscape change" was the hiring of Robin, and you are blaming him.

You are literally the guy who wants to fire Steve Jobs because his newest gadget is "failing" because it "only" sold 2mil in the fourth quarter after selling 10mil first quarter, even though the original projection was only 5mil units sold.

Literally laughing here. I can remember what the fans were saying opening day this year.

Steve Jobs DID get fired...from life

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
I agree with what your saying, but this swoon hurts because we only make the playoffs once every 4 years and I don't want to wait another year to see if we can do this again with new pieces next year.

Trust me I am not the poster child for patience. If this team went through a full rebuild I wouldnt be nearly as active as I am now. I do not like losing and I do not like waiting for them to get better. I want results now. But I can see the issues right now with this team. I think maybe with Kenny getting some more money this team can really take ahold of this division. Im not impressed with the Tigers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
The problem is that on paper, our pitching staff really looks bad next season w/out Peavy. I mean really really bad. Laughably bad. Considering our recent history in free agency and lack of good pitchers out there anyway, next year could be one of the worst seasons we've experienced in a long long time.

Huh?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 02:01 AM)

I disagree big time with this. When you have a Cy Young candidate as your #1 pitcher, you have a chance to have a solid pitching staff.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)

Ill let Kenny and Rick figure that one out greg. I think money talks and if we make a good impression on some of the guys that can go a long way.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
lol

Right, because the Tigers didn't s*** the bed for the first 100 games of the year. Are you really telling me that after beating the brains out of Texas, being up three games with fifteen games to play, etc., that you didn't start to expect more out of the team than you did at the beginning of the year?

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Trust me I am not the poster child for patience. If this team went through a full rebuild I wouldnt be nearly as active as I am now. I do not like losing and I do not like waiting for them to get better. I want results now. But I can see the issues right now with this team. I think maybe with Kenny getting some more money this team can really take ahold of this division. Im not impressed with the Tigers.

People dont realize that Robin may have saved the White Sox from a serious multi-year rebuild. They just want to b**** about his failure.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Right, because the Tigers didn't s*** the bed for the first 100 games of the year. Are you really telling me that after beating the brains out of Texas, being up three games with fifteen games to play, etc., that you didn't start to expect more out of the team than you did at the beginning of the year?

When I watched the games and I saw players were basically completely done in terms of energy a month ago and when I looked at the schedule of the Tigers versus Sox, I knew that this was going to come down to the wire.

Its not over yet, and Im going home with the girl that brought me to the dance.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
People dont realize that Robin may have saved the White Sox from a serious multi-year rebuild. They just want to b**** about his failure.

As much as I agree....that goes for a lot of managers. Trust me if we would have went the way of the Cubs I would have said **** it a long time ago.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:06 AM)
Its not over yet, and Im going home with the girl that brought me to the dance.

And that's by far the biggest issue I've had with Ventura the last month. He's managing so much different than he was for the majority of the season.