9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:40 AM)
Its his first year managing, there are going to be growing pains.

How many of you thought the Sox would be contending this year? People need perspective.

It's game 155. He should know by now how to read scouting reports and not bring in a crappy AAA reliever to face someone who's significantly better against righties than lefties (especially when you have 3 lefties in the pen). The Ventura implosion has been going on for almost a month now with decisions that defy almost all logic.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
Sorry, expectations are fluid. Robin has been below average to abysmal for weeks now.

They are fluid for arm chair Quarterbacks. I would hope they are not for million dollar corporations who had very low expectations this year and Robin has exceeded them all.

He took a team that most were predicting to be terrible and they were contenders.

With a year under his belt and some fine tuning, there is no reason to believe he cant improve.

But I do enjoy all the laughs people are providing.

For example, I hate the bunt call here. You have a pitcher with no control who's struggling to get lefties out. Not only that, do you really expect the relievers to hold the Indians down for 5 more innings? Ventura likely would have never bunted in that same situation early in the season.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
Its his first year managing, there are going to be growing pains.

How many of you thought the Sox would be contending this year? People need perspective.

In the grand scheme of things it has been a great season but the last month has been a clown car.

Bunting for a run with the bullpen in the game a pitcher struggling and a team that can not get a hit with RISP.

This is exactly the point. Lefties are hitting Masterson so we give one up to get to the rightie.

f***ING STUPID!!!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:43 AM)
They are fluid for arm chair Quarterbacks. I would hope they are not for million dollar corporations who had very low expectations this year and Robin has exceeded them all.

He took a team that most were predicting to be terrible and they were contenders.

With a year under his belt and some fine tuning, there is no reason to believe he cant improve.

I just hope he goes back to being a normal manager next year like he was during the first half. This baseball is unwatchable with our starters not going deep at all and tons of relievers and tons of pinch hitters, etc. If this is the style of ball we play next year, we're going to lose a zillion games. s***, we can't beat anybody right now playing this style of baseball. Disclaimer: I do realize this is on the players for sucking the second half, mainly.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)

Not buying this excuse. There are other coaches on the bench who should be helping him out.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:43 AM)

You're right, everyone thought the move to go with Omogrosso against Kipnis was a great decision and the Sox just got unlucky.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
I just hope he goes back to being a normal manager next year like he was during the first half. This baseball is unwatchable with our starters not going deep at all and tons of relievers and tons of pinch hitters, etc. If this is the style of ball we play next year, we're going to lose a zillion games. s***, we can't beat anybody right now playing this style of baseball. Disclaimer: I do realize this is on the players for sucking the second half, mainly.

It's even unwatchable when they are winning.

LOL at Kansas City.

So the Royals' season had ONE highlight: Beating the White Sox like a drum and one fluke series vs. the Tigers in KC. The Royals, who do not give a s*** and are playing out the string, are laughing their asses off how they are screwing the White Sox, their only rival.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 02:48 AM)
This managing is unbearable.

yes bunt to get to that situation in the f***ING fourth inning.

The man is way over his head right now.

He'll probably say he wanted to avoid the double play since De Aza hit into that one yesterday.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:46 PM)
You're right, everyone thought the move to go with Omogrosso against Kipnis was a great decision and the Sox just got unlucky.

Where did I argue that it was the right call?

You cant even address the argument. The Sox were picked to be under 500. Robin has them competing for the playoffs.

You want to fire a guy over a month of bad decisions in his first pennant race. That to me is a foolish knee jerk decision. Its like giving a lawyer fresh out of law school a million dollar case and then firing him because he made mistakes.

No s*** he makes mistakes, its his first time ever coaching at any level, let alone it being a pennant race. Complain about the Sox hiring him if you want, but they thought that this team wasnt going to compete.

Remember "Respect the game" was the tagline because they thought this team was going to be brutal.