GT 9/27: TB @ CWS, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

I am officially done with Beckham. In his past 3 underperforming seasons, I have always given him the benefit of the doubt. Coming in to this season I said I would give him a year with Manto to see how he does. But still, not much improvement. Slight, but not much. I'm officially ready for an upgrade. I don't think he is a black hole, because his glove is very good, but if we can find an upgrade at 2B, I say we take it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 03:15 AM)
I am officially done with Beckham. In his past 3 underperforming seasons, I have always given him the benefit of the doubt. Coming in to this season I said I would give him a year with Manto to see how he does. But still, not much improvement. Slight, but not much. I'm officially ready for an upgrade. I don't think he is a black hole, because his glove is very good, but if we can find an upgrade at 2B, I say we take it.

I definitely believe they should put him on the market this offseason to see what other teams would be willing to give up for him. Don't trade him for prospects though, only MLB ready talent.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)

This means you'll see him next year!

If he struggles out of the gate there is some chance that Carlos Sanchez could push him a bit, but I'm not sure how realistic that really is. Carlos could probably benefit from another year or more in the MiLB

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 03:17 AM)
If he struggles out of the gate there is some chance that Carlos Sanchez could push him a bit, but I'm not sure how realistic that really is. Carlos could probably benefit from another year or more in the MiLB

To me, Sanchez is nothing but a slap hitter right now. He definitely needs another year in the minors.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)

He has an .882 OPS in September. He is always the popular candidate for grief. In the thick of it, he is holding his own.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
I definitely believe they should put him on the market this offseason to see what other teams would be willing to give up for him. Don't trade him for prospects though, only MLB ready talent.

Exactly. I'm not saying dump him and experiment with minor league options, but I am saying if we can get an upgrade, take it. The past few years, I was hopeful for a turn around, and didn't want to block him. But now, I think he's reached the end of his leash. Upgrade if you can, but don't abandon him at 2B if you can't get one.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
Exactly. I'm not saying dump him and experiment with minor league options, but I am saying if we can get an upgrade, take it. The past few years, I was hopeful for a turn around, and didn't want to block him. But now, I think he's reached the end of his leash. Upgrade if you can, but don't abandon him at 2B if you can't get one.

There just aren't any clear upgrades that I know to be on the market.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)

Only if it could bring a catcher or 3b.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 03:27 AM)
I'm glad Hawk isn't gone for good, this broadcast is a yawnfest

Well they obviously wouldn't hire Stone to be his replacement PBP guy. I did have to listen to the first two innings of the game on the radio tonight, and that was two innings too long.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 03:12 AM)
I dont know if it would help you. Maybe people that arent miserable 24/7.

Trust me I'm not miserable 24/7. Excuse me if it bothers me greatly that this team has played so badly in pissing away the division.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)

His numbers are that much different for a 2b among the league. His power numbers are above average.