GT 9/27: TB @ CWS, 7:10pm CT

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 04:07 AM)
BALLGAME AND SEASON.

There better be some big changes. If Ventura's going to be around a while, the bench coach position needs to be dramatically improved. Ventura's making decisions like someone who is completely overwhelmed by the moment.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
Rays will score at least once here.

You just knew after that ridiculousness in the bottom of the 8th that the Rays would score. I'm not even mad at Myers. This pathetic White Sox offense is what has pi$$ed me off.

Our guys should take note. That how a player comes up in a situtation and drives a mistake pitch into the night. Our guys have a hard time swinging with the cold yellow liquid flowing down their pantleg as we put the pressure on ourselves. Bases loaded, no outs and we tinkle down the pantleg.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
There better be some big changes. If Ventura's going to be around a while, the bench coach position needs to be dramatically improved. Ventura's making decisions like someone who is completely overwhelmed by the moment.

Disagree. I think he's done a tremendous job getting this far with a bullpen of rookies. Sure he made his mistakes, but to compete for the division until the last week of the season? I don't know how you can be hard on the guy. It's not like he was handed the keys to the Yankees.

QUOTE (RudyLawRules @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
This. He has no plan or brains when he gets to the plate. We have some really dumb players.

Hard for me to perceive that as a dumb play, it's not always easy to see what the baserunner is doing at first base when you're trying to watch the pitcher

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 03:11 AM)
Disagree. I think he's done a tremendous job getting this far with a bullpen of rookies. Sure he made his mistakes, but to compete for the division until the last week of the season? I don't know how you can be hard on the guy. It's not like he was handed the keys to the Yankees.

Again, he was doing great prior to a month ago. However, he seems just as tight as the entire team, and his decision making has gone from really good all year to decisions that even his biggest supporters can't explain.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)

He's on par with Ozzie managing the game from an offensive perspective, which I didn't think was possible.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)

:notworthy