Sept 28 Devil Rays @ White Sox: The Stuff Legends Are Made Of

Quin

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
I'd love to see Rios inflate his numbers this last week so his trade value goes up a little higher.

I really like Alex as a player when he's having a good year. But good god, I don't ever want a repeat of 2011.

His contract is no longer a huge burden (only two years left I believe) and this has been one of his best years in his career. Hell, he's been one of the better RFers in baseball this year. He should be able to get us some good prospects.

He's been the most consistent hitter on the team. I'd deal Konerko and Dunn before Rios. Why trade him if his contract is no longer a burden?

He's been a good RF. Plus Manto has done wonders for this guy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 11:06 PM)
2.89 ERA in 1st half, 4.10 ERA in 2nd half. His strikeout numbers have been way down.

A lot of that came from giving up 5 runs in an inning and a third in games vs the red sox (the back to back games i spoke of)

eliminate that and youre looking at a 2.25 ERA since July 1st (7 runs in 28 innings)

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 04:11 AM)
He's been the most consistent hitter on the team. I'd deal Konerko and Dunn before Rios. Why trade him if his contract is no longer a burden?

I agree. If Rios has found it as this year suggests we have a jewel on this team

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)

The FO has to determine whether Rios is flourishing because of controllable factors like the coaching or not. If there is reason to believe something has been "fixed" that will allow him to continue on like this, hell yeah keep him. We're trying to win here.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
The FO has to determine whether Rios is flourishing because of controllable factors like the coaching or not. If there is reason to believe something has been "fixed" that will allow him to continue on like this, hell yeah keep him. We're trying to win here.

They did change his stance so maybe it's Manto.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 11:12 PM)
A lot of that came from giving up 5 runs in an inning and a third in games vs the red sox (the back to back games i spoke of)

eliminate that and youre looking at a 2.25 ERA since July 1st (7 runs in 28 innings)

I'll just keep reposting until it sinks in.....

Low lev - .187 opp avg, 1.42 ERA, 0.83 WHIP

Med lev - .296 opp avg, 2.95 ERA, 1.50 WHIP

Highlev - .307 opp avg, 6.88 ERA, 1.65 WHIP