Steve Stone NOT leaving

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
Well this is the best post of the entire season. The thing I miss the most about not having the MLB Extra Innings package is watching Arizona games and listening to Sutton broadcast.

i have the extra innings package and i love seatle's play by play announcers. I belive Dave Sims.

I think they should start completely from scratch, except that Hawk is still under contract. I've always liked Hawk, but he's now totally stale. I wonder if his massive ego is about to claim another victim in Steve Stone.

No DJ, please! Nice guy, but horrible announcer. And Tom Paciorek never seemed that good to me, either. We need a fresh face.

Can Ed Olczyk start doing baseball games in the hockey offseason?

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
f*** no, Darren Sutton is awful, he is worse than Hawk.
I love it how we have such a wonderful consensus on how is and isn't a good baseball announcer. I'm just making an observation so please do not take offense or think that I am singling you out. As for me, I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure of listening to Sutton call a game. Edited by SI1020

Well this is the best post of the entire season. The thing I miss the most about not having the MLB Extra Innings package is watching Arizona games and listening to Sutton broadcast.

He is on the outs from Az it sounds. He and Stone would be so refreshing.

Stone did a good job on the play by play again last night. It was refreshing not hearing Hawk drone on about the worst five words for a batter to hear and how the more pitches you see, yadda yadda yadda. If Hawk stays and Stone leaves it's just another example of what a s***ty organization this is. And they wonder why their fanbase is shrinking.

Hawk brings far more fans to the White Sox than he pushes away. Anyone heard of Harry Caray? Similar appeal.

Anyway, I'd be happy about this. Steve isn't a bad broadcaster, but he and Hawk have zero chemistry. Two big egos in that booth. Bringing DJ back would be okay, Wimpy would be great. I think we vastly overrate Stone by the way, he frequently does things like call pitches incorrectly and he has his own annoying sayings. The ideal partner for the Hawk will be someone that both keeps things light like Stone can when things go wrong but also someone that plays along when things go well like DJ did.

well you would have been SOL this season. He got suspended by the Dbags for some reason they've never come out and said since mid June and he's still not back.

I vote for Whimpy. Not sure Sutton and Hawk could co-exist in the booth...

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 28, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
Hawk brings far more fans to the White Sox than he pushes away. Anyone heard of Harry Caray? Similar appeal.

Hawk couldn't carry Harry's Meister Brau. When he was in his prime, as he was his entire time with the Sox, Harry Caray was one of the best baseball announcers ever.

I love Hawk but I bet it is not enjoyable to work with him. Too much ego and he sometimes gets in those bad moods where he treats Stoney s***ty.

Stoney was really good last night w/out Hawk in the booth. I truly love Hawk but he needs a new partner every couple years.

My choice OZZIE!!!!!

Ozzie is gonna get fired, so immediately hire him here.