Game Thread: Game 160 WHITE SOX head to Cleveland

sunofgold

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been spot on in my predictions of each of the last four series. In this one I said we'd win 2 of 3 since the series is meaningless. I'm a little iffy on that now because Detroit hasn't clinched it yet officially. So technically Sox could still be all tight and nervous at the plate again tonight since technically they are still in it. I'll stick with Sox winning 2 of 3 just because they like to mess with our minds like that. But I could see them losing tonight just to finish the choke job in style. Maybe lose tonight and win the final two.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
Just pinned the thread. Can't remember the last time I had to do that after a game started (except maybe spring training games).

Okay dA Santi keeping us in the game. Waiting for somebody on the White to hit a solo hr.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
Radar looks bad maybe an hour from now. Fitting end to the season.

It could be a good thing. If the Royals could actually win a game tonight (Chen v. Porcello), some doubt might to enter their minds after the last sweep in KC.

That said, they're on a 9-4 mini-tear and just swept through KC in four games in DET, so you can't imagine it happening...except for the fact that Verlander won't be pitching this series. And they torched him for 8 runs last time.

AJ with 11 straight seasons of 1000 innings played. Probably best to part company with him instead of pay him based off this year's production, knowing there's a 95% chance he's going to decline going forward.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
Hector throwing his hat in the ring for a rotation spot next season. Looks very good tonight......although it is the Tribe.

4 lefties will be battling next season.

Sale

Danks

Santiago

Q

I would imagine we keep 3 of 4 in the rotation.

I'm going out on a limb, and predict Quintana is involved in a package trade this offseason.