2012 Wild Card-Mania Thread!

Brian

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Oct 6, 2012 -> 12:39 AM)
Does anyone else have a problem with the Wild Card only being one game? I mean you play 162 games and your reward is a single game to decide your fate. I feel that it should be a three-game series.

I did, and it will be three by next year, but todays games have been wildly entertaining. I love it

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)
So why should Detroit benefit from being in a crappy division and winning less games than either of the teams playing tonight?

It's like this in every sport I don't get why people have to question it every year.... you have a problem with the way things are just win division and its not a problem.

Here's one of the more amazing statistics of the season, as much as their record in extra inning and 1 run games, reminiscent of the 2005 Sox.

Orioles 74-0 when leading after 7 innings and 75-1 when leading after 8.

Along with our hitting with RISP, our bullpen and managerial decision process (with removing starters and bullpen moves, Olmedo, Jose Lopez, not playing Johnson) in August and September really are the 3 factors that hurt the White Sox the most.

Forgot Thome was on the Orioles. Will be happy to see them beat the Yankees, but I'm not sure I'm interested in Baltimore, DET or Oakland in the World Series.

As long as it's not the Yankees, I guess.

It would be cool if Oakland somehow made it, as much as Beane has his share of detractors...just for the sake of getting a new stadium financed and/or a final answer to their relocation dilemma.

Balt and Washington would be interesting for obvious reasons, and St. Louis would again prove having a so-so regular season doesn't mean anything once you get to OCT.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
I'm pulling for a Baltimore-DC area World Series

I think that's what I would like to see too. It was clear that the Nationals were on the way up since at least the 2011 season, so their success hasn't really come out of nowhere, but Baltimore would be one of the last teams I would pick to play into late October coming into the season. Shutting down Strasburg takes on a whole different dynamic if the Nats made the WS but lost.

Still, it would be a thing if the first place for one day (last day of the season) A's went deep, or if St. Louis made it back after barely making the Playoffs. Again.

QUOTE (scenario @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)
Texas. Gone. Wow. Not the season end they expected.

5 game division lead with 9 to play? Blow it.

Lose the wild card play-in game.

Now THAT is a first-class collapse.

They scored one run at home against Joe f***ing Saunders.