Game Thread: Game 162, final game of the season, WHITE SOX finish in C

sunofgold

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
You mean like, asking Josh Fields to hit major league pitching?

Even when he did for a short time being called up, he still couldn't catch a baseball. That latter is often something Kenny thinks that can be fixed on the farm. It wasn't until the Ozzie era that Sox teams got better at defense and Robin expects the same.

I hate to be one of those guys but I predited the exact 4 series correctly. Yes we won 2 of 3 in Cleveland when it didn't matter a bit. I hope next season the Sox are less predictable. I mean why the heck can't we beat the heck out of Cleveland in the Cell when it mattered? Floyd goes 7 strong innings tonight? WTF??? This team was maddening.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 02:00 AM)
Stone Pony ended the season with "the clock is ticking. You have to enjoy what you do."

Interesting.

What context did he say that? He's obviously quitting. He can't stand the Hawkeroo?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
Johnson had a very good year at Charlotte. He should've been platooning with Viciedo no later than Aug. 1st.

Disagree, but he most certainly should have been platooning with Konerko versus all right handed pitchers since the September 1 call ups.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
I hate to be one of those guys but I predited the exact 4 series correctly. Yes we won 2 of 3 in Cleveland when it didn't matter a bit. I hope next season the Sox are less predictable. I mean why the heck can't we beat the heck out of Cleveland in the Cell when it mattered? Floyd goes 7 strong innings tonight? WTF??? This team was maddening.

This was the season they weren't predictable. They were predicted to lose close to 90 and they did a 180. But the choking part was predictable.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 02:19 AM)
This was the season they weren't predictable. They were predicted to lose close to 90 and they did a 180. But the choking part was predictable.

Yep, this season was very unpredictable. Twice it seemed like the Sox were for sure going to let the Tigers run past them and never catch up. Both times, the Sox built up a few game lead over them.