Rick Hahn the new GM

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and why do we assume this has any meaning whatsoever?

Kenny is still his boss, this is going to be like Theo and his little friend until I hear something different. My guess is they'll be unclear about it so that if things go well, it helps Hahn get a real job and if things go poorly, KW can take the blame.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)
...and why do we assume this has any meaning whatsoever?

Kenny is still his boss, this is going to be like Theo and his little friend until I hear something different. My guess is they'll be unclear about it so that if things go well, it helps Hahn get a real job and if things go poorly, KW can take the blame.

I mentioned this before, but why would Hahn take a job if he isn't the one making the moves?

He's always on the lists of top GM candidates, so why not take a job elsewhere where you have more control if Kenny is just gonna be in charge? Seems pointless to take the Sox job if that's the case.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 07:14 PM)
I mentioned this before, but why would Hahn take a job if he isn't the one making the moves?

He's always on the lists of top GM candidates, so why not take a job elsewhere where you have more control if Kenny is just gonna be in charge? Seems pointless to take the Sox job if that's the case.

$$$$$

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 05:53 PM)
I think it happens AFTER the WS, as MLB hates to have non-WS news taking the spotlight away from any announcements the Yankees feel obliged to make in the middle of the World Series.

(Brett Fa...err...Mariano Rivera may or may not be back next season)

Stop the world and let me off.

At least it's not Pettitte or Clemens this time.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
If that's the case I already have no respect for the new GM. If he's just taking the money to be Kenny's b**** and be the GM in name only? No thank you.

If you could do your same job that you enjoyed, but could get a raise due to a title change you wouldn't do it?

$$$$$

Yeah, of course.

That should be obvious to anyone....

At least 3 times I've taken on new "Titles" but still have been saddled with same responsibilities (at least - with important customers) while I get "moved up".

In the end it's the same job, a few new things, and a few extra $.

NBD.

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
If that's the case I already have no respect for the new GM. If he's just taking the money to be Kenny's b**** and be the GM in name only? No thank you.

He already was Kenny's b****. Why not take the pay raise and title upgrade?

Now the Jed Hoyer thing is different, he moved laterally in title, but knowingly become Theo's b****. He may have gotten a pay raise, I'm not sure. But he was already in a GM position where he made his own club, now he is still in a GM position, but Theo pulls the strings. In that case, I think Jed is a baby back b****.