So what type of 3rd baseman do we need?

balfanman

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
How many bench spots will they have though? If Chavez and Morel are both on the team, what are they going to do with the bench? Neither guy can play 2B or SS. Backup catcher, Backup OF, Morel/Chavez and another UT INF? If they don't resign Youk, they should sign Chavez and Keppinger and have a true platoon. If they can't afford that, they should just pack it in and start dealing veterans anyways.

Morel has been said previously to be able to handle SS pretty well. But he hasn't done it much lately, so he'd be rusty. Not sure about 2B.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was watching the mlb network. They went over the braves and their lineup. And they said the organization would like another outfielder so prado could start at 3rd. They have juan francisco starting at 3rd right now. so why not give up one of our 4 outfielders and other minor leaguers for francisco? Either viciedo, de aza, rios, or danks?

Francisco is a left handed power bat at 3rd. Could platoon with keppinger until ready full time.

They really want a LF that can leadoff. So de aza might be a need.

Edited by mataipaepae

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
So I was watching the mlb network. They went over the braves and their lineup. And they said the organization would like another outfielder so prado could start at 3rd. They have juan francisco starting at 3rd right now. so why not give up one of our 4 outfielders and other minor leaguers for francisco? Either viciedo, de aza, rios, or danks?

Francisco is a left handed power bat at 3rd. Could platoon with keppinger until ready full time.

They really want a LF that can leadoff. So de aza might be a need.

I'd give them Jordan Danks for Juan Francisco. I actually like Francisco's talent too. He has a nice, fluid motion and he can hit the ball a long ways. He still strikes out a ton - 70 in 205 PAs last year, for 34.1%; Dunn struck out at 34.2% - he doesn't draw walks, and he doesn't hit for average.

Yeah, Jordan Danks. Nothing more than that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)
I'd give them Jordan Danks for Juan Francisco. I actually like Francisco's talent too. He has a nice, fluid motion and he can hit the ball a long ways. He still strikes out a ton - 70 in 205 PAs last year, for 34.1%; Dunn struck out at 34.2% - he doesn't draw walks, and he doesn't hit for average.

Yeah, Jordan Danks. Nothing more than that.

"Moves that won't happen until Justin Upton is off the market".