Marlins trade Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Reyes plus others to Blue Jays

Baron

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Ozzie Guillen has absolutely nothing to do with this situation, there was no need to bring him up.

As my first order as mod (in the wrong forum!) I ask that we refrain from discussing Ozzie Guillen in this thread. He has been talked about ad nauseum this season and his tenure (both with the White Sox and Marlins) has proven to be a hot button issue. Beyond that, there are several other threads where he can be discussed.

This trade and the after effects of it have literally nothing to do with Ozzie Guillen. Keep him out.

New hero.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
It's easy to feel bad for him. He got f***ed by the Marlins. They screwed him over. He's a total class act and he got hosed. If Ozzie had pulled this crap of reneging on a verbal agreement to not trade him he'd be buried on this site.

Verbal or not, a no-trade clause is either in your contract or it isn't. Again, I can't feel sorry for him cashing his checks in Toronto instead of Miami.

I dont know if Wite has the correct model Ban hammer for steve. Noobs usually will accept any garden variety ban hammer, but for someone such as Steve you need a "Steve-O-Matic" edition, model 9347. I highly doubt Wite bought that yet.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Ozzie Guillen has absolutely nothing to do with this situation, there was no need to bring him up.

As my first order as mod (in the wrong forum!) I ask that we refrain from discussing Ozzie Guillen in this thread. He has been talked about ad nauseum this season and his tenure (both with the White Sox and Marlins) has proven to be a hot button issue. Beyond that, there are several other threads where he can be discussed.

This trade and the after effects of it have literally nothing to do with Ozzie Guillen. Keep him out.

Someone is as drunk with power as a Guillen on a social media kick.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
I dont know if Wite has the correct model Ban hammer for steve. Noobs usually will accept any garden variety ban hammer, but for someone such as Steve you need a "Steve-O-Matic" edition, model 9347. I highly doubt Wite bought that yet.

It's very 'spensive.

As someone who relocated with young kids I do have empathy for athletes who are force to live in areas they might not have selected on their own. It is tough on the kids and the rest of the family. Plus, having to get accustomed to a different country. No amount of money reallly helps the kids getting use to a new school, new friends, and all that.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)
As someone who relocated with young kids I do have empathy for athletes who are force to live in areas they might not have selected on their own. It is tough on the kids and the rest of the family. Plus, having to get accustomed to a different country. No amount of money reallly helps the kids getting use to a new school, new friends, and all that.

They can always pick a different profession. Buehrle isn't going to re-locate his family to Toronto. If his kids are old enough for school, I'm sure they will be attending in Missouri. The majority of the baseball season falls outside of the school year, and he's only "home" half the time anyway. It is a pain I'm sure, but not nearly as difficult as moving a family permanently. It's really no different than him being in Chicago or Miami. Those weren't permanent residences either.

Up until now, Buerhle has made $90 million. If it were that much of an issue, he could always walk away and lead a rather comfortable life.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

How excited are the Marlins to have Yunel Escobar? They were calling around shopping him last week, before the mega-deal was even official.

Rick Hahn should give them a call. They'll probably give us Escobar for nothing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)

LOL.

Don't talk about a Marlin in a Marlin thread. Yes sir.