Marlins trade Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Reyes plus others to Blue Jays

Baron

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Feb 22, 2013 -> 07:48 AM)
and give up guaranteed money? i doubt it.

I think the Marlins would still be on the hook for the difference. At least that's what I take from this comment:

The Marlins have moved on quietly to the more low-key Mike Redmond after Guillen's disastrous season in Miami but have an eye on Guillen's next baseball move for one big reason. If Guillen secures a high-paying on-field job, his new salary would reduce the Marlins' commitment of $2.5 million a year for the next three years.One Marlins person said what everyone's thinking. "I'd like him to get a managing job, and get him off the payroll."

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 05:28 PM)

I dunno, blaming Loria for a loan of $80 billion that will eventually cost $1.2 billion seems like the wrong place...that's the kind of thing you blame the thieving loan originator and politicians (who were probably quasi-legally-bribed to get highly bank-favorable terms) for.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 04:34 PM)
I dunno, blaming Loria for a loan of $80 billion that will eventually cost $1.2 billion seems like the wrong place...that's the kind of thing you blame the thieving loan originator and politicians (who were probably quasi-legally-bribed to get highly bank-favorable terms) for.

That's a large portion of the debt itself, but without Loria being a dirty businessman running an incredibly unethical organization with very questionable morals, it doesn't happen. Loria and Samson are the main culprits here.