2013 White Sox "Family Sundays" announced

ewokpelts

WHITE SOX CREATE SPECIAL “FAMILY SUNDAY” FAN EXPERIENCE FOR 2013

Family Sundays to Feature Lower Level Seats as Low as $15, Upper Level as Low as $5 & Parking for $10;

Including Kids-Only Autograph Sessions & Running the Bases

CHICAGO – “Family Sundays” – a special fan experience at U.S. Cellular Field – will be one of the new Chicago White Sox ballpark experiences for families in 2013.

The new promotion, which will cover all 13 Sunday home games, will feature seats in Bleacher, Outfield Reserved, Lower Corner and Premium Upper Box sections for $15, Upper Box and Upper Reserved Seats will be available for $10, and Upper Corner tickets will be priced at only $5. Additionally, parking at U.S. Cellular Field parking lots on Family Sundays will be available for $10. Ticket prices are for fans of all ages.

The White Sox ballpark experience for kids on Sundays in 2013 also will feature special autograph sessions with current and former White Sox players, as well as White Sox broadcasters (weather permitting), and the opportunity to run the bases after games.

The Family Sunday offer comes as the next step by the White Sox in the club’s response to feedback from its fans. So far this offseason, the Sox have moved aggressively to reduce the cost of attending baseball games in 2013 by lowering or holding prices for more than 87 percent of all full season tickets.

“For many years, we have worked hard to create one of the very best family environments in all of baseball,” said Brooks Boyer, White Sox senior vice president of sales and marketing. “As we continue to closely listen to fans regarding the cost of the ballpark experience, the Family Sunday promotion is our next move in creating affordable seating options in both the lower and upper levels of the park. Welcoming fans of all ages on a day that is traditionally dedicated to family time, we hope Family Sundays become a popular way for fans to share a baseball experience together.”

Family Sundays activities and tickets offers are a new White Sox initiative for the 2013 season. Similar to promotions from past seasons, such as “Kids Days” and “Value Mondays,” Family Sundays will focus on providing kids and families an affordable and memorable baseball experience.

This is a great idea, I think it will work. Now they just need to do $3 dollar beer, $1 hot dog night in the bleachers like they do at Wrigley to cater to the college kids. Theres nothing i hate more than seeing the sox on TV with empty outfield stands.

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
This is a great idea, I think it will work. Now they just need to do $3 dollar beer, $1 hot dog night in the bleachers like they do at Wrigley to cater to the college kids. Theres nothing i hate more than seeing the sox on TV with empty outfield stands.

The cubs stopped doing that.

Also, $5 tickets AND $3 beers? Do you want something bad to happen?

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
The cubs stopped doing that.

Also, $5 tickets AND $3 beers? Do you want something bad to happen?

Im actually hoping the players on the field get motivated by the amount of fight shown by the drunk frat boys in the bleachers and start showing some heart themselves.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)

I suggested this as well. Being a college kid myself, it is extremely hard for me to go to games unless with my family. If prices were lowered, I could easily get a group of 10 friends to go, especially if on Thurs/Fri/Sat nights. My games attended per year would instantly go from 10 to about 20.

QUOTE (staxx @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
I suggested this as well. Being a college kid myself, it is extremely hard for me to go to games unless with my family. If prices were lowered, I could easily get a group of 10 friends to go, especially if on Thurs/Fri/Sat nights. My games attended per year would instantly go from 10 to about 20.
they ALREADY reduced tix. $7 and $20 options for ALL games.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
they ALREADY reduced tix. $7 and $20 options for ALL games.

People are never satisfied, most people I invite to come with me to a sox game dont think of baseball when they envision the idea, they think of yummy ballpark food and booze, with the added bonus of a possible home run celebration. You have to make the non-baseball fans want to come to the park too if you want to put decent amounts of butts in the seats. Well, at least in this two-team town you do.

QUOTE (sayitaintso @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
I'm really glad to see these prices available now, it's already making me more inclined to go to games considering that I don't have to break the bank anymore.

Good job, White Sox. I'll resist the temptation to say, "What took you so long?" So much for baseball teams not caring about even trying to sell the nosebleed cheap seats. I remember this past season in some threads people indicated the Sox and all teams would rather draw 20,000 to 25,000 fans on their terms than draw 40,000 with cheaper parking, cheaper ticket prices, etc.

If the Sox continue to market this hard and get the word out, many families will probably be putting some dates on the calendar to actually attend some games this season. The Sox have wised up. There's no way in hell attendance would have not declined again next season for the seventh straight year without these cost reductions. I wonder if we'd be seeing this movement had the Sox not choked and actually won the division. My bet is yes. I'm actually surprised the playoff games were going to be sold out like some of you said they would be, considering the Yankees didn't sell out their games.

Sox deserve credit; now the key is to make sure all former Sox fans who stopped going to games are aware they can get in the park for affordable, fair prices if they do just a tad bit of planning.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 02:57 PM)
Good job, White Sox. I'll resist the temptation to say, "What took you so long?" So much for baseball teams not caring about even trying to sell the nosebleed cheap seats. I remember this past season in some threads people indicated the Sox and all teams would rather draw 20,000 to 25,000 fans on their terms than draw 40,000 with cheaper parking, cheaper ticket prices, etc.

If the Sox continue to market this hard and get the word out, many families will probably be putting some dates on the calendar to actually attend some games this season. The Sox have wised up. There's no way in hell attendance would have not declined again next season for the seventh straight year without these cost reductions. I wonder if we'd be seeing this movement had the Sox not choked and actually won the division. My bet is yes. I'm actually surprised the playoff games were going to be sold out like some of you said they would be, considering the Yankees didn't sell out their games.

Sox deserve credit; now the key is to make sure all former Sox fans who stopped going to games are aware they can get in the park for affordable, fair prices if they do just a tad bit of planning.

Yankees make the playoff every year. I suspect fans there had cost fatigue. The White Sox have never made consecutive postseason appearances. Hell, the closest time span was 3 years(2005 and 2008)! Fan appetite for playoff baseball is higher when you dont go often.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
I think the old format where kids got in for 1$ with a paid adult on select "Kids' Day" Sundays were a better deal, but this will open it up to more folks on more than just a few, select Sundays.

It's actually not a better deal if you do the math...

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 06:04 PM)

I hate to tell anyone anything but those sunday afternoon games attendance have been lacking fans for as long as I've been seeking tickets to sox games. I doesn't take a genius to see that there is a problem filling them . Family sunday discounts sounds like the right marketing direction. I always felt bad seeing the sparce crowds on any sunday.

I hate to tell anyone anything but those sunday afternoon games attendance have been lacking fans for as long as I've been seeking tickets to sox games. I doesn't take a genius to see that there is a problem filling them . Family sunday discounts sounds like the right marketing direction. I always felt bad seeing the sparce crowds on any sunday.

I know I've always chosen Saturday games over Sunday and this could convince me to switch.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 06:04 PM)

Sec 154 was Lower Box in 2012. That section, without dynamic pricing, was $44 on a Sunday game. It'll be $15 on a Sunday in 2013.

If I were to take my son to a game in 2012 on Kids' Day in that section, It would have cost me $45. In 2013? $30

Also you need to factor that Kids' Day hurt people who already have tickets, either in a season ticket package, or through other means. Because Kids' tickets could only be purchased DAY OF GAME at the $1 rate. And while the box office allowed you to buy kids tix as long as you showed the pre-purchased adult tix, you ran the risk of not having the kids' seats close to your section. And for the lower deck, that means your kids may get kicked out of the section because he or she is sitting in someone else's seat.

This move allows families to buy tix at the discounted rate IN ADVANCE. Aside from getting families(or value conscious fans) to plan to attend more games, thsi also helps the sox determine how many vendors to bring in for those games. With Kids' day being a walkup promotion, the sox had to guess the attendance in order to determine how many vendors to have at the game. If you assume too low, you have the potential for long lines and dissatisfied customers.

I applaud the Sox for this. And I hope they sell out every sunday game now.