White Sox winter meetings thread...

southsider2k5

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 08:05 AM)
Saying Danks will not throw 190 innings is not the same as saying he wont come back as good as a pitcher as he was before. 190 innings would be quite an accomplishment from Danks coming off shoulder surgery, I certainly dont foresee him hitting that many innings this season. That doesnt mean I think he will be terrible, but I think 190 innings will be stretching it.

You got "jumped on" because you consistently say the worst things will happen with White Sox players.

At least it was personal and not content related. Sheesh.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 11:25 PM)
I thought this thread was suppose to be about the White Sox and not grown men b****ing & moaning. The last 5 or so pages has been nothing but silly drama. Who the f*** cares!!

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang This thread has really cranked up the suck knob these past few days.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:45 AM)
Mark Buehrle.

BOOM. *drops the mic*

Interesting to note.... Career against the AL East for Mark Buehrle

Vs NYY 1-8 6.38 ERA, 1.685 WHIP

vs BOS 6-8 4.64 ERA 1.470 WHIP

vs TB 8-3 4.19 ERA 1.252 WHIP

vs BAL 7-5 2.83 ERA 1.186 WHIP

Only one of those four teams is Mark better than his career ERA against or BABiP. It could be a tough few years for Mark Buehrle in the AL East.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 08:38 AM)
At least it was personal and not content related. Sheesh.

Which way do you want it Marty, you yourself said that you dont agree with Soxtalk conventional wisdom and group think. Why are you surprised when people argue with you

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
Which is exactly why I picked Buehrle. Dude has thrown over 200+ innings for 12 straight seasons now, every full season he has been in the league.

But at some point, that will have to end. I would think he will throw 200 innings, but you never know what may happen. Remember in Spring Training 2005 when he supposedly broke his foot?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
Which is exactly why I picked Buehrle. Dude has thrown over 200+ innings for 12 straight seasons now, every full season he has been in the league.

Buehrle's IP have been on a steady decline, plus he is going to the AL East that has pretty well kicked his ass over his career. Also he might be the 4th starter on this team.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 08:56 AM)
Which way do you want it Marty, you yourself said that you dont agree with Soxtalk conventional wisdom and group think. Why are you surprised when people argue with you

So it's the messenger not the message. I thought the message board guidelines frowned upon that sort of thing.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
So it's the messenger not the message. I thought the message board guidelines frowned upon that sort of thing.

People argue with the message and the messenger every day on this site. You routinely post things that go against what your so called Soxtalk Group Think agrees upon, and then get into this little discussion like we are having right now about "why me?".

You know why, we both do. You like to argue. So argue, and stop acting surprised when people argue back.

Mark Buehrle, RA Dickey, Justin Verlander are all good choices. But they are all probables. No guarantees for any of them. You can't say without any doubt whatsoever that any pitcher will pitch 190 innings in '13. Hence my point that Marty has no point, just bluster.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
People argue with the message and the messenger every day on this site. You routinely post things that go against what your so called Soxtalk Group Think agrees upon, and then get into this little discussion like we are having right now about "why me?".

You know why, we both do. You like to argue. So argue, and stop acting surprised when people argue back.

Not a why me at all. I wasn't even arguing. Is it so out of the realm of possibility, that Danks does not come back as good as before, to warrant being jumped on? I don't think so.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Not a why me at all. I wasn't even arguing. Is it so out of the realm of possibility, that Danks does not come back as good as before, to warrant being jumped on? I don't think so.

I think conversely if someone said "I think Danks will be an even better pitcher next season" they would be equally jumped on.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
Mark Buehrle, RA Dickey, Justin Verlander are all good choices. But they are all probables. No guarantees for any of them. You can't say without any doubt whatsoever that any pitcher will pitch 190 innings in '13. Hence my point that Marty has no point, just bluster.

You're not willing to say Justin Verlander will throw 190 innings, but you think Danks will be fine after surgery (no?) though you won't say he'll throw 190 innings either.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
You're not willing to say Justin Verlander will throw 190 innings, but you think Danks will be fine after surgery (no?) though you won't say he'll throw 190 innings either.

All I'm saying is your point about whether or not Danks throws 190 is pointless. Nothing more, nothing less.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)

i think it was more your comment that he won't throw 190 due to the surgery because all pitcher's who have surgery will have problems. I was trying to clarify the type of surgery and why there is hope for him to well this year compared to other types of surgery.

There obviously is no guarantee however the "he had surgery so he cannot do well this year" is the far other end of the spectrum.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)

The significance is saying this is like saying "the Sox will suck." Most posters want to know the reason why you think Danks will not be good, just like when others want to know why posters think what they think.

There is not much good discussion from a blanket statement without a supporting statement. That's why it leads to the perceived attacks.

All I want for Christmas is a good juicy trade rumor. I don't care if it is real or not. Anything plausible that has a uncertain source like Gavin's cousin's husband or Rich Hahn's cable guy. Anything for Soxtalk to discuss and start thinking about even if we all know it only has a small chance of happening. I miss KW already. Something big was always possible at any time with KW so the Sox could always be the mystery team in all of the rumors.

Besides, this would be a good time to notice my sig.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
All I want for Christmas is a good juicy trade rumor. I don't care if it is real or not. Anything plausible that has a uncertain source like Gavin's cousin's husband or Rich Hahn's cable guy. Anything for Soxtalk to discuss and start thinking about even if we all know it only has a small chance of happening. I miss KW already. Something big was always possible at any time with KW so the Sox could always be the mystery team in all of the rumors.

Besides, this would be a good time to notice my sig.

Andre Ethier is supposedly available. The problem with him is for every positive there is a negative, although he probably would be pretty productive for a few years.