New Years Eve Plans?

Texsox

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
Most New Years I enjoy just hanging out with friend at home, but my friend got some free tickets to the House of Blues to see Third Eye Blind. Wasn't going to pass that up.

I will forever remember their lead singer yelling about how much money we were paying them for that show...

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
Most New Years I enjoy just hanging out with friend at home, but my friend got some free tickets to the House of Blues to see Third Eye Blind. Wasn't going to pass that up.

Sweet...they used to be one of my favorite bands...you'll have to let us know how they were.

I'll be at the Hard Rock seeing the Black Keys!

I was eyeing that earlier this week, maggsmaggs. Hope it's a good time!

We're going to a dinner and late comedy show in our suburban town. Looking forward to it being a low key night.

--

I have to say NYE is one my least favorite holidays. You always feel obligated to do something, and you usually end up disappointed with what you do or don't do. And that is why 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, as I don't feel an obligation to do something, but I always have ended up doing something and had the best time.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
I was eyeing that earlier this week, maggsmaggs. Hope it's a good time!

We're going to a dinner and late comedy show in our suburban town. Looking forward to it being a low key night.

--

I have to say NYE is one my least favorite holidays. You always feel obligated to do something, and you usually end up disappointed with what you do or don't do. And that is why 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, as I don't feel an obligation to do something, but I always have ended up doing something and had the best time.

Funny you say that, NYE and the 4th are my 2 favorite holidays.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
But that's because drunks like us have an excuse, even though we don't need one

Exactly. But it's not me that needs an excuse but the people I hang out with do, thus my love for holidays that make them go out and party.

Getting stuck into a few Guinnesses now.

My sister, her husband and another couple of friends are coming over shortly and we're going to have a Belarussian style New Year celebration... Into the trenches with bottles of vodka (well, all except my pregnant wife and sister) and a feast of food.

By the time you shower get to bringing in 2013, I'll probably be tucked up in my bed :lol:

Enjoy, whatever you all get up to.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
I have to say NYE is one my least favorite holidays. You always feel obligated to do something, and you usually end up disappointed with what you do or don't do.

Agreed. I'm probably happier telling myself I won't do anything, and then doing exactly that.

Staying at home and watching Dark Knight Rises and Looper, neither of which I've seen. Oh, and eating a ton of snacky stuff.

Having worked 20 years at the Abbey and Grand Geneva, I always hated New Years Eve, because I always worked it and dealt with drunks. Nice to just stay at home and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Edited by BigEdWalsh