Resolution Time!

Reddy

And do you ever, ever stick to them?

This year I'm not about resolutions exactly, but more stepping back and evaluating the things that matter to me, deciding what those are, and then doing any and everything I can to get closer to those goals. So no exact resolution per se, but if I had to rank things it'd be:

1) Get my voice healthy (been going through some crap for the last year)

2) Recommit to my acting career

3) Recommit to my Beachbody business

4) Meditate. More me-time.

Hey, I just went through a break-up, so basically I stopped trying at everything. That's allowed. :P

Who's next?

Our biggest resolution/goal is to see our friends more. So many of our best friends are scattered around the Midwest, but they're all close enough to make weekend trips out of it and not have to use a lot or any vaca time.

Like you Justin, I'd love to bulk up a little bit, especially in the arms. I've got a marathoner body, and I want more of a sprinter body. It's a challenging piece for me, as running will always be my favorite and go-to exercise, and I know that will only continually keep me slim.

Also, I lost a lot of weight living this way, and watching what/when I eat (vs. eating garbage or because I was bored, etc.). As a former fatty, It's tough to think I have to eat more to achieve my new goal.

QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
Gain weight, start smoking, and call my mom less. Maybe do some recreational drugs (in a state where it is legal). Spend more time online and less with people I can actually see.

Now that's realistic.

I hate that 80% of resolutions are getting in shape and the gym is ridiculously filled for the first month or so of the new year. My resolution is to create an official bucket list today and pick one thing to accomplish off it this year, I'll post whatever that is when I have chosen.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
I hate that 80% of resolutions are getting in shape and the gym is ridiculously filled for the first month or so of the new year. My resolution is to create an official bucket list today and pick one thing to accomplish off it this year, I'll post whatever that is when I have chosen.

At least a few people will change their lives for the better for their attempts.

I want to make a designated night per week or two weeks when I go to the movies. I don't see enough new stuff. Likewise, I want to see more films that aren't mandated by my coursework. I want to particularly focus on films that I wouldn't happen upon otherwise, like indie flicks and foreign films.

I also want to generally organize myself better. I will start this by tracking my food intake like I used to and hopefully getting into a rhythm in the gym. I've had a rash of injuries and I've had a ton of restrictions. We'll see if I can get that to work out...I may have an impending surgery. Physique changes are much harder when I can't lift or sometimes workout at all. :/