2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lawrence was my favorite part of the movie and as I've said before I don't even think she's great looking but I enjoy her on screen.

She commands your attention. You're right, she's kinda funny looking (by the ridiculous Hollywood standards) but you can barely look at anything else when she's in the shot. By the end of the movie she owns you, you're just in love with her and can't imagine anyone prettier. You obviously come down off that, because movies, but she's just got that something.

I think its her eyes, they're always bristling with energy that you start anticipating. "What else is going on in there? What else does she have in store?", and that's brilliant. It does loads for her character but importantly it hints to you that there's something youre just not allowed to see. The unknown is captivating, and engages you much than the tired formula of Hot Babe + Screen = Drool.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 04:10 AM)
Wolf of Wall Street opinions please, someone on the book said it was dissapointing?

I don't even think the books are all that great, to be honest.

Margot Robbie, the one who plays Belfort's/DiCaprio's 2nd wife, and the one who supposedly had an affair with Will Smith, she's the one getting all the raves.

Can't believe DukeNukeEm actually had something positive to say. Jennifer Lawrence isn't "Hollywood beautiful," but she's certainly got that girl next door quality with a dash of hotness or sexiness or whatever you want to call it. Isla Fisher has it, too. Of course, she's considered curvy for Hollywood, and not at all apologetic for not being stick or rail thin.

JLaw is attractive, not drop dead gorgeous, but a girl I would see in a bar and think, "I'd absolutely bone that."

I think how cool and down to earth she is makes her more attractive than her looks.

Anyone who questions her acting chops needs to go.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 09:21 PM)
She is clearly talented. Attractive? No, not really. But she can act.

Saying otherwise just kind of makes you an annoying contrarian. Not directly accusing you of being one... OK yes I am.

Yes, she is extremely talented. She was amazing in "Winters Bone." As for looks, she is not amazing, but I would give her my bone in any season.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 06:24 AM)
JLaw is attractive, not drop dead gorgeous, but a girl I would see in a bar and think, "I'd absolutely bone that."

I think how cool and down to earth she is makes her more attractive than her looks.

Anyone who questions her acting chops needs to go.

She's definitely one of those girls that catches your eye, but what makes her desirable is her personality. And she is extremely talented as an actor. She does a great job in the Hunger Games movies, but then you see her in Winter's Bone and Silver Linings Playbook and her talent really shines.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
I find it hilarious that people are honestly saying that Jennifer Lawrence isn't hot. I know it's an opinion, but your opinion is wrong and terrible and you are all doo-doo heads.

Also that her entire worth as an actress is measured by how hot she is.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 09:19 AM)
Also that her entire worth as an actress is measured by how hot she is.

Hey that wasn't me. I commented on her acting prowess. I just think she's overrated as an actor. The amount of praise she gets doesn't equal her actual abilities IMO.