2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
WOOT

IM3 looks 'meh'. You'd think they could have done something different than yet another "OMG some huge evil villain is here".

Well, Mandarin is Starks major villain. And this kicks off Marvel Phase 2 leading up to Avengers 2, lots of things are supposed to be happening in this one. Specifically Stark getting injected with the extremis nanotechnology

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
Well, Mandarin is Starks major villain. And this kicks off Marvel Phase 2 leading up to Avengers 2, lots of things are supposed to be happening in this one. Specifically Stark getting injected with the extremis nanotechnology

Yeah, Super Heroes fight Super Villains. I thought it looked cool.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 02:41 PM)
A little late to this party, but I went to go see Life of Pi this weekend. I enjoyed it. Couldn't stop thinking about how it was the lovechild of Big Fish, Forrest Gump, and Castaway throughout the show, but that's not such a bad thing.

Hah. Absolutely. And no, not such a bad thing. Truly a great film.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
WOOT

IM3 looks 'meh'. You'd think they could have done something different than yet another "OMG some huge evil villain is here".

What the f*** do you expect? How is this any different than Nolan's Batman trilogy which simply replaced one evil villain for another?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
What the f*** do you expect? How is this any different than Nolan's Batman trilogy which simply replaced one evil villain for another?

I guess my comment was pretty dumb. I don't know, it just doesn't look all that great and feels a lot like IM2 already. Hopefully it rocks.

While Shane Black takes the wheel as director of "Iron Man 3," the original helmer behind the first two films in the series remains in place for the third outing. Not only is Favreau reprising his role as Happy Hogan, but he also served as a consultant throughout the process of making the film. "We would call Jon Favreau [and say] 'What do we do?' He'd be like, 'Stick with this, stick with the love story,'" recalled Downey. It was an ironic turn of events, said the actor, because he and Favreau used to consult Black when making the earlier "Iron Man" movies. And Favreau wasn't the only filmmaker that Black and Downey turned to for help on "Iron Man 3." "We reached out to J.J. Abrams at one point when we were really confused in act three," he revealed. "He helped us, too. It's interesting."
Watch out for lens flares in act 3!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
Man, Compliance really makes you feel uncomfortable.

Reminded me of a somewhat similar movie called HARD CANDY.

I still want to watch it. Saw some clips on IFC.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)
Undefeated was EXCELLENT. Tear inducing at times. Also cool that I live very close to that HS

Got dusty in the room when the coach told Money the rich guy was going to pay for his college.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)

Got dusty in the room when the coach told Money the rich guy was going to pay for his college.

Exactly the part I was thinking of

But wasn't it weird that the rich guy wasn't really even involved in the team or know Money?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 08:46 AM)
Man, Compliance really makes you feel uncomfortable.

Reminded me of a somewhat similar movie called HARD CANDY.

Just watched. You're not kidding. Went further than I thought it was going to.

Identify Theft isn't a bad little flick, although it's success is more a product of the dearth of competing product out there.

Heck, THE LAST STAND with Arnie looks like Oscar material compared to a lot of the dreck from the first two months....or Mama. Not that it should come as a surprise, it's an annual happening to dump bad movies there.

This is 40 has one of my favorite actors in Paul Rudd, it has Megan Fox for eye candy, but there's something so depressing about it (I'm 43 and don't have a wife anymore and no kids), it's almost enough to scare you away from having them....normally, movies are about escaping reality, this is from the Reservation Road school of dousing you in overreality and overacted drama that comes across as too cleverly written. Apatow has been struggling a bit recently to get back to what made his movies hugely popular to mainstream audiences in the first place.