cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I finally saw The Amazing Spiderman. I'm not sure what I think of it. THe first half was not good, but I liked the second half. I did like all of the original Spiderman trilogy. So, I guess I am having a hard time separating my like for the original with the re-nvisioning of the series.

Emma Stone though... oh my. huba huba!

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 15, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
Checked out The Place Beyond the Pines last night. Well done although the latter third was a little weaker than the rest of the film.

You're the 4th person to say the same thing.

I'm just kinda tired of Ryan Gosling. Acts the same way in everything it seems.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 03:51 AM)
You're the 4th person to say the same thing.

I'm just kinda tired of Ryan Gosling. Acts the same way in everything it seems.

In Lars and the Real Girl I would say he strayed from his typical mold. It is not a film for everyone it would seem, as the plot synopsis...

A delusional young guy strikes up an unconventional relationship with a doll he finds on the Internet.
alone is enough to make many run for the hills.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 05:09 AM)
In Lars and the Real Girl I would say he strayed from his typical mold. It is not a film for everyone it would seem, as the plot synopsis... alone is enough to make many run for the hills.

I havent seen Lars. It is on Netflix stream so may try sometime.

He is always straight faced, quiet, same droopy eyed look in everything it seems.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)
Watched most of Lincoln last night (finishing it up tonight). Interesting movie. not sur eon my thoughts about it. I find it interesting that they decided to give Lincoln a softer/comedic side that you almost never see elsewhere.

I thought his performance was great, I thought the movie was ok, I thought that some of the elements weren't dealt with in quite enough detail and it was a bit scatterbrained overall, in no small part because they were dealing with just a small part of his career. The best part was seeing how the man was portrayed, but the surrounding plot line didn't stand up to his performance.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
I thought his performance was great, I thought the movie was ok, I thought that some of the elements weren't dealt with in quite enough detail and it was a bit scatterbrained overall, in no small part because they were dealing with just a small part of his career. The best part was seeing how the man was portrayed, but the surrounding plot line didn't stand up to his performance.

I agree. If you are going to go hyper focused on a single element of his presidency, it shouldn't have been as unfocused as it was.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
Watched Red tails last night, and it was awful. Every character and plot line was a horrible shallow cliche. Just terrible.

2k5 and I agree on something. Caught that like a week and a half ago, was totally unimpressed. The Fishburn/Gooding Jr. version of that story which appears occasionally on TV was 10x better.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 02:48 PM)
Watched Red tails last night, and it was awful. Every character and plot line was a horrible shallow cliche. Just terrible.

It felt like they were trying to make the war movie through the lens of a sports movie. I didn't like that.

Saw a film called Stoker this weekend. No relation to Bram Stoker, lol. Couple of famous folks in there, Matthew Goode in a leading role and Nicole Kidman in a supporting role. Very strange movie, excellent visual play, and in general it could aptly be described as an homage to Alfred Hitchcock. Worth seeing I'd say, but not amazing. Don't know how widely it will be distributed, I saw it at a hole in the wall theater and had heard nothing of it previously.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
It felt like they were trying to make the war movie through the lens of a sports movie. I didn't like that.

I could see that. It felt like there was no respect or justice done for the people this movie represented. I would have been upset if I were a survivor or relative of the Tuskeegee Airmen. It was all stereotypes and cliches.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
I agree. If you are going to go hyper focused on a single element of his presidency, it shouldn't have been as unfocused as it was.

yea, i felt like it wondered around a bit. It was still focused on

the passing of the 13th

, but just kind of floated.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 05:38 AM)
I havent seen Lars. It is on Netflix stream so may try sometime.

He is always straight faced, quiet, same droopy eyed look in everything it seems.

I got sucked in pretty quickly by "Lars" when I stumbled across it on cable. Its a good little film.