2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to West Chicago drive in last night for something different to do. Saw Turbo and Pacific Rim. both turned out to be better than I had figured on.

Some of the fight scenes were awfully dark and hard to see at times but overall a good summer movie.

Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron announced as the name of the sequel. Captain America 2, Godzilla, Guardians of the Galaxy and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes had some great footage shown at Comic con according to reports

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 16, 2013 -> 04:57 PM)
This is the End was fantastic, I may go see it again

In the Rolling Stone article, Rogen said something to the effect of, "Go see it twice! Once baked, once not-baked. It'll be a completely different experience."

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 21, 2013 -> 06:41 AM)
Since it's a Man of Steel sequel..."Yawn".

There is literally nothing about a Batman/Superman team-up that appeals to me. Basically Batman brings absolutely nothing to the table in such a situation unless you use the kryptonite crutch.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
There is literally nothing about a Batman/Superman team-up that appeals to me. Basically Batman brings absolutely nothing to the table in such a situation unless you use the kryptonite crutch.

The source comics for this are some of the best selling comics ever written. The Dark Knight Returns was an amazing comic.

This movie will set up the tension between the two characters leading into The Justice League movie.

Anyone else catch Lawless? Beautifully shot movie with great acting, but a s*** script. There was a good story there, but they couldn't find it.

Reminded me a lot of the recent Assassination of Jesse James movie in that it was so awesome to watch even though the plot was a bit slow. TAOJJBTCRF was much, much better though.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
The source comics for this are some of the best selling comics ever written. The Dark Knight Returns was an amazing comic.

This movie will set up the tension between the two characters leading into The Justice League movie.

I'm highly intrigued in who plays Batman. DC should just back up the truck for Bale, but Superman doesn't fit into the Nolan universe. Obviously, JGL would be a nice call, but I just don't think those worlds can collide.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:19 PM)
I'm highly intrigued in who plays Batman. DC should just back up the truck for Bale, but Superman doesn't fit into the Nolan universe. Obviously, JGL would be a nice call, but I just don't think those worlds can collide.

It is a huge choice. I honestly think Bale is a man of his word, the cape is hung up regardless of money. Whoever plays Batman will need that intensity.

The one thing I am really happy about in all of this is that David Goyer is writing this. He is the hidden genius in Nolan's batman movies and Snyders Superman.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
It is a huge choice. I honestly think Bale is a man of his word, the cape is hung up regardless of money. Whoever plays Batman will need that intensity.

The one thing I am really happy about in all of this is that David Goyer is writing this. He is the hidden genius in Nolan's batman movies and Snyders Superman.

Was Snyder's Superman even any good? I somehow avoided that, because 1- Superman is lame, 2- bad reviews, 3- Superman is lame.

That's coming from a dork who ate up Superman comic books.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
Was Snyder's Superman even any good? I somehow avoided that, because 1- Superman is lame, 2- bad reviews, 3- Superman is lame.

That's coming from a dork who ate up Superman comic books.

I haven't seen yet, but a few friends of mine loved it.

Brian didn't like it, but his favorite movie is The Notebook so I discounted his opinion.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
I haven't seen yet, but a few friends of mine loved it.

Brian didn't like it, but his favorite movie is The Notebook so I discounted his opinion.

Well, you just said a guy was a "hidden" genius behind the movie. That's why I asked.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
Anyone else catch Lawless? Beautifully shot movie with great acting, but a s*** script. There was a good story there, but they couldn't find it.

Very true. In general I liked it and didn't feel like I wasted two hours, but it was a little too...hokey.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
Very true. In general I liked it and didn't feel like I wasted two hours, but it was a little too...hokey.

This and the previous comment are spot-on about Lawless. I was all-in with the film, wife and I saw it in River North opening weekend. s***, it had Bane, Commissioner Gordon, and Shia Labeouf (who I'm a big fan of despite his creepy infatuation with his own mother). It just didn't have... enough.

That said, it kind of falls in the category of that random Johnny Depp John Dillinger flick - so many variables that seem to add up to awesome, yet not awesome.