2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 06:03 PM)
What is with this weird angle that you are trying to take to make it seem as though I think I'm cool because I'm sharing information in a films thread? You're s***ty attitude towards this makes no sense.

Someone - "Hey guys, a new John Grisham book just came out."

Steve - "OHHH YOU THINK YOUR f***ING COOL NOW? GREAT, WE ALL HAVE THE INTERNET. YOU'RE A REAL HERO."

:huh:

Your comparison is off, though.

Someone - "Hey guys, the .epub of the new John Grisham book is now available for illegal download."

Steve - "OHHH YOU THINK YOUR f***ING COOL NOW? GREAT, WE ALL HAVE THE INTERNET. YOU'RE A REAL HERO."

That would be more like it.

Saying "Hey guys, a new John Grisham book just came out" is akin to saying "Hey guys, American Hustle is out."

I don't really get it. This isn't a torrent site, nor is it a site that discusses illegal torrents. There are PLENTY of outlets for that. What you're doing is posting that stuff thinking people will believe it's cool that you discovered µTorrent.

I don't really get it. This isn't a torrent site, nor is it a site that discusses illegal torrents. There are PLENTY of outlets for that. What you're doing is posting that stuff thinking people will believe it's cool that you discovered µTorrent.

Does he really think it's cool or that it somehow gives him more credibility as a poster?

I highly doubt that. He's just sharing information, just like guys might at the relationship or "cologne/perfume/scent" threads.

I'm not sure where your disagreement is...on the "illegal" side of downloading or that he's "hyping" the idea of it, or what, exactly. That's definitely a philosophical argument that's worth having, if we want to have it. I just know that any option I have (besides waiting for June when I go back to the US) is going to put money into the hands of Chinese websites (they charge money to show movies that have been copied at youku, tudou, funshion, soku.com, etc.) or those selling the pirated DVD versions on the streets.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
Your comparison is off, though.

Someone - "Hey guys, the .epub of the new John Grisham book is now available for illegal download."

That would be more like it.

Saying "Hey guys, a new John Grisham book just came out" is akin to saying "Hey guys, American Hustle is out."

It's funny you keep saying torrents, considering I've never once said the word torrent. I stream it off a website, a website in which I also have not named. Nothing to do with torrents. You are completely off base with your "you think you're so cool" thing. You are pulling random s*** out of your ass to try and call me out for, and it doesn't even make sense.

Caught the 2nd Hunger Games on Friday last week. I'd give it a B+. Same review as the first movie although with less criticism for the shaky cam. I still think there's too much love triangle crap, but that's not the fault of the movies, more a fault of the books. Excited for the third one even though the third book was by far the worst.

Watched Elysium last night. Not as good as District 9, but still had it's moments. Sharlto Copley was great as Kruger.

Also if you are a music fan check out A Band Called Death. Cool documentary about a lost proto punk band. You can stream it on Netflix.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 07:26 AM)
Watched Elysium last night. Not as good as District 9, but still had it's moments. Sharlto Copley was great as Kruger.

Also if you are a music fan check out A Band Called Death. Cool documentary about a lost proto punk band. You can stream it on Netflix.

Weird...we just watched this last night. Awesome story.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 09:12 AM)
Caught the 2nd Hunger Games on Friday last week. I'd give it a B+. Same review as the first movie although with less criticism for the shaky cam. I still think there's too much love triangle crap, but that's not the fault of the movies, more a fault of the books. Excited for the third one even though the third book was by far the worst.

I enjoyed it, as well. I think Catching Fire was made more with the book readers in mind...if that makes any sense. I liked it better than the first movie, and I thought it did well to build excitement for Mockingjay.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
I enjoyed it, as well. I think Catching Fire was made more with the book readers in mind...if that makes any sense. I liked it better than the first movie, and I thought it did well to build excitement for Mockingjay.

I liked both movies, I think I liked the 2nd one better. I just hope they don't break the 3rd book in to 2 movies as seems to be the trend now a days.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 31, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
I liked both movies, I think I liked the 2nd one better. I just hope they don't break the 3rd book in to 2 movies as seems to be the trend now a days.

They already decided to break it in to two movies, first half of third book is very boring so don't know how that will work. Can you pm me the site you use btw.